38Buick 80C

2016 Buick Club of America 50th Anniversary Event

Probably a dumb question but I notice under show car directions it says ..................

"Show cars will need to have show decal on car windshield to get on the property, and everyone in the car will need to show their BCA meet credentials "

Can I safely assume that my wife will be allowed entry to the field with me and our car?...................Bob

Bob,

it seems to me that you should have her registered as a SPOUSE/GUEST, at no  charge.  That we she gets credentials, otherwise I think no entry.  If you did not do that, you better call the office and see if it is not too late. 

John

I have an extra hotel room that I am not going to use. PM me if interested to take over reservation. Th/F/S. Holiday Inn Allentown 1-78

And yes, I am still coming to Allentown..

Edited by 1957buickjim (see edit history)
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, jscheib said:

Bob,

it seems to me that you should have her registered as a SPOUSE/GUEST, at no  charge.  That we she gets credentials, otherwise I think no entry.  If you did not do that, you better call the office and see if it is not too late. 

John

Not sure if I did or not. I imagine I would have. I'll call them tomorrow. Thanks..............Bob

Will the shuttle be running Wednesday evening for the Membership meeting?  My wife will be unable to walk the distance from the parking lot to the meeting building. 

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 3:57 PM, Chrysler Guy said:

Is the event on Saturday at Bulgari's show field open to the public?

Is the event on Saturday at Bulgari's show field open to the public?

Buick Regal GS,

Just above your message was Peter's with instructions.

John

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 6:46 PM, Bill Stoneberg said:

Everyone will receive one last letter with details on where to park and your parking pass.  These will be going out after July 6th.

Hang in there, we have had a last minute rush on registrations.

I have not received the packet yet.  When is it going to be in the mail?  I thought it was going to be out by the first week of July?

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)

The Entrance information has arrived at some households so yours should be coming soon, to a mailbox near you.

Saturday, the show field will be open to the Public. Please remember, this is private property which our host Mr. Bulgari, has graciously opened up for the Buick Club of America.

Got my packet yesterday. Surprised there was not a map included but I see it is available in Jeff's recent post.  Will volunteers be receiving a separate notice on assignments? Thanks. The excitement builds!

No packet for us yet and Melanie was asking me about it last night. Glad to see they're on their way.

I'm both excited and nervous about driving the '41 Limited. It's about 425 miles for us each way, which doesn't seem like much until you're in a 75 year old car full of unobtainable parts. We're going to do a stopover in Hershey for an overnight stay, then finish the trip, but even Cleveland to Hershey is about 350 miles and 7 hours. The big limo has never missed a beat, but long drives like this always make me very nervous. Planning on leaving Thursday for a late Friday morning arrival. We'll just have the weekend there, but it's hard to take more time away from work.

Anyone else heading that way on Thursday want to convoy? We'll be taking 422 most of the way, which is a secondary road with 50-60 MPH speeds that should be just fine for the Limited. I hate hammering it on interstates, although it seems perfectly happy at 60 MPH. Fingers crossed for the journey...

• Like 1

Great to see so many fine Buicks registered, cant wait!!

On the new info on the main page of the BCA website for the show it states that the hours for trailer parking wed thru fri it states lot hours are 7am to 7pm,

does this mean that the lot is closed to all other than those hours, and is ther security on these lots during the closed hours or at all time

Also in a prior post it states the show field hours are 7am to 6pm wed-fri  on the new info as above it states 7am - 5pm  please clarify

Thanks again for all your doing

Marty

Received the information letters in the mail this afternoon.  Sure would have been nice if a map of the grounds would have been included.  Since I will not have a vehicle there it will not be of that much help for me.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

Because of my ever changing schedule, I didn't registered. Can I register onsite? I'll probably only be able to attend the show on Saturday and will not be bringing my car..

Thanks

Edited by Buick64C (see edit history)

Registration is closed at the moment, but the show on Saturday is open to anyone for $ 5.00 donation to World of Wheels.

Leaving from Lorain , Oh going to meet up with he group traveling cross country from Washington,going to try to catch them at Falling Water PA Tuesday morning then on to Allentown, 

• Like 2