2016 Buick Club of America 50th Anniversary Event

Guest Jeff 1952
  • Y

To all the members running the meet Thanks to you All

i know some of this might have been asked before but to clear up some questions please

1) the hours from 7am to 6pm  wed thurs fri and 7am to 3pm on sat does that mean if you are not leaving your car on the show field it MUST be removed by 6pm? 

i see there is no 24hr access but are those hours the only hours that we can be on the show field,

and if we leave a car can we get back to it to access it at any time other than those hours?

There will be Security at the Gates 24-7; but the show field will be open/closed during the published hours. Only in case of an Emergency, will you/anyone be allowed on the Field, when the show field is closed.

2) the 10 x 10 tents allowed  does this mean there will be enough room behind each car for a 10x 10 tent?

if so there is a perfect spot for chapter banners!

This is not Hershey so hopefully we won't have a field of tents; rather a field of show cars. 

3) for those of us that are not attending the Banquets or Dorney park does anyone know of any local cruise spots we could invade with our Buicks?

John Schieb is putting together a covered bridge tour.

4)is Saturday the only day that BCA members will be able to view Mr Bulgari's collection or will it be available other days?

The viewing hours for the collection will be announced at the show.

5) will there be available car wash as the host hotel usually has at other meets?

if not is there any local NO TOUCH car washes in the area?

There will be a car wash area on the site of the Meet.

again thanks for all the hard work

marty

Jeff 1952, please clarify what you mean by saying 'all meetings will take place at 862 North Fenwick Street'.  Also, what is the physical street address for the awards banquet on Saturday night?  It states on the meet promotional flyer that the banquet will be held at the Agri-Plex at Allentown Fairgrounds.  This obviously is a different location than The Bulgari Complex?

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas  aka  Doo Dah

Guest Jeff 1952

All meetings (a Banquet is not a meeting); will be in Building 862 at the show site.

As Bill pointed out, Banquets are off site.

Sorry if this may have been mentioned before...Since there are so many hotels, where is the sign in to pick up information packets/tickets?

Guest Jeff 1952

At the Show Site.   

Everyone that is registered will get a letter with your Registration-Directions-Show Car and/or On Person decal and a list of events; in the next two weeks. 

Included, will be your assigned spot on the show field.

Guest Chrysler Guy
On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 0:31 PM, Jeff 1952 said:
  •  

If you're looking for a local cruise-in for Saturday evening, Mopar Madness is having a cruise night in Trexlertown, PA in front of Hobby Lobby, 7150 Hamilton Blvd. Trexlertown, 5:00 PM-8:00 PM. It gets crowded so come early. Lots of eateries and shopping there too.

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 4:54 AM, Jeff 1952 said:

Here are the show field hours currently planned for Allentown:

Show Field/ Meet Site Hours:

Wednesday, July 27: 7 am - 6 pm

Thursday, July 28: 7 am - 6 pm

Friday, July 29: 7 am - 6 pm

Saturday, July 30: 7 am - 3 pm

Jeff,

Is the "general public" able to access the show field / swap meet all of these days/times?  Or just on Saturday for $5?

Or do you have to be registered to attend Wed - Friday?

On 05/07/2016 at 9:52 PM, Jeff 1952 said:

Everyone that is registered will get a letter with your Registration-Directions-Show Car and/or On Person decal and a list of events; in the next two weeks.

I have already left home. So can I pick up a copy at the meet? Or by email?

Guest Jeff 1952

Information will be at Registration of course.  We can send what we can through e-mail, if you want to share it with me.  Jeff1952@tts-us.com     

On 2/28/2016 at 4:40 PM, Matt Harwood said:

Looking at hotels, I'm glad we're bringing the big car--looks like we might have to rent it out to people who can't get hotel rooms. I'm betting the convention in Philadelphia is going to eat up all the hotel rooms pretty quickly, long before the event. We just booked ours at about $250/night, which is shocking to me, but it's the cheapest in the area right now. I can only imagine prices going up from here.

We're planning on leaving Thursday afternoon, probably stopping over somewhere for the night, and arriving before noon on Friday for the festivities. I can't afford to be away from the business longer than that and making the kids sit in the back of an old car for 7 or 8 hours is asking a lot, even a limousine. We may do the PWD tour afterwards, though.

If you're even thinking of going, book your hotel NOW. You can always cancel or give your reservation to someone else, but I bet by April everything within 150 miles is going to be sold out.

Looking forward to meeting you and your Limited.  Wish I still had mine, which I sold to pay off a house, way back in 1981.

Our old 1941 Limited.jpg

I have just been contacted by Frank Sorrento of East Greenbush, New York.  He has just learned that he will be able to attend the meet in Allentown with his 1959 Electra coupe, and is mailing in his meet registration today.  He has asked whether missing the registration deadline will preclude his participation at this point.  Can he be accommodated at this late date?  Thanks in advance for your reply.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Centurion said:

I have just been contacted by Frank Sorrento of East Greenbush, New York.  He has just learned that he will be able to attend the meet in Allentown with his 1959 Electra coupe, and is mailing in his meet registration today.  He has asked whether missing the registration deadline will preclude his participation at this point.  Can he be accommodated at this late date?  Thanks in advance for your reply.

Centurion,

I have registered my 54 but will not be able to bring it. Engine in pieces.   Taking my daily.  If the officials can transfer my registration to Frank Sorrento he is welcome to it.   I will keep my admittance ticket for myself however.  Getting some parts at the show! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Centurion said:

Thank you, Chris.  I hope that this is possible, so we'll see what the response is to our questions.

I don't see why it would be an issue.  My slot is reserved but there will be an empty spot where a 54 Buick Special is supposed to be parked.  Hopefully we will see a 59 Electra instead which is my MOST favorite Buick ever manufactured.  And I would like to see it in Allentown.   

• Like 1

On 08/07/2016 at 7:22 PM, Jeff 1952 said:

Information will be at Registration of course.  We can send what we can through e-mail, if you want to share it with me.  Jeff1952@tts-us.com     

OK . Will pick up at the meet

Guest Jeff 1952

Final Registration Numbers:

Attendees            1521

Show Cars             633

Trailers                   98

Vendors                 154 (Spaces)

BCA Banquet         813

BHA Banquet         Sold Out

Dorney Park          186

Probably a dumb question but I notice under show car directions it says ..................

"Show cars will need to have show decal on car windshield to get on the property, and everyone in the car will need to show their BCA meet credentials "

Can I safely assume that my wife will be allowed entry to the field with me and our car?...................Bob

Bob,

it seems to me that you should have her registered as a SPOUSE/GUEST, at no  charge.  That we she gets credentials, otherwise I think no entry.  If you did not do that, you better call the office and see if it is not too late. 

John

I have an extra hotel room that I am not going to use. PM me if interested to take over reservation. Th/F/S. Holiday Inn Allentown 1-78

And yes, I am still coming to Allentown..

Edited by 1957buickjim (see edit history)
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, jscheib said:

Bob,

it seems to me that you should have her registered as a SPOUSE/GUEST, at no  charge.  That we she gets credentials, otherwise I think no entry.  If you did not do that, you better call the office and see if it is not too late. 

John

Not sure if I did or not. I imagine I would have. I'll call them tomorrow. Thanks..............Bob

Guest Chrysler Guy
On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 3:57 PM, Chrysler Guy said:

Is the event on Saturday at Bulgari's show field open to the public?

Is the event on Saturday at Bulgari's show field open to the public?

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 6:46 PM, Bill Stoneberg said:

Everyone will receive one last letter with details on where to park and your parking pass.  These will be going out after July 6th.

Hang in there, we have had a last minute rush on registrations.

I have not received the packet yet.  When is it going to be in the mail?  I thought it was going to be out by the first week of July?

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)