Curved Dash Olds... in Newport, R.I., November 1?

Guest G. Wayne Miller

Guest G. Wayne Miller

My next book -- CAR CRAZY: The Battle for Supremacy Between Ford and Olds and the Dawn of the Automobile Age -- will be published this fall and we are planning a launch party in Newport, R.I., on Sunday, November 1, 2015. We will have a Model T parked outside, along with other old cars -- and now I am seeking a kindly owner of a CDO who might be willing to display it. One of the main narratives of the book is the 1905 coast-to-coast race between two CDOs.

Other antique owners who might wish to show their cars are invited to contact me, too. Thanks! All help appreciated.

Please write me at: pascoagwriter@yahoo.com

Wayne Miller

post-146448-0-11595400-1432840094_thumb.

• 4 months later...
Guest G. Wayne Miller

Hi, folks, 

We have found a 1904 Curved Dash Olds for the launch party of CAR CRAZY -- it is generously being provided by Audrain Automobile Museum, of Newport, Rhode Island, where the party will be held. BTW, the party -- 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 1 -- is free and open to the public. Please come! We ask only that you register at Eventbrite, click here, so we have a good head count (we need that in ordering the food and beverage!).

Audrain will also exhibit a 1912 Packard and well have a Model T and one other... Hope to see you there! And follow us on Twitter.@carcrazybook