Gray Automobile Company circa 1903?

Does anyone know about an auto made around 1903 called a "Gray"? Someone suggested it was a 'Graham' or a 'Gram'. Two seat runabout,Firestone tires on wood spoke wheels, four cylinder engine. Anyone knowing anything or even suggesting where to look, I would greatly appreciate an e-mail.<BR>Thank you very much,<BR>Mlecce1@compuserve.com

• 2 weeks later...

The Gray was, if I recall correctly,..a Columbia, out of Ohio,..it was one of those models that sold the components to build, and a few enterprising hardware stores, individuals and early "car dealers" bought the kit, assembled it and sold it with their own name on it. It seems to me I heard of a Gray, which had been highly modified, with a lot of "International Harvester" autobuggy parts on it being sold in Iowa a few years back. I would look up "Columbia" car manufactures, and see if this one resembles the "Gray" of which you speak. I seem to recall the original was out of Columbus, Ohio. It was an opposed 2-cylinder with a rather heavy flywheel and the engine was either mounted in back or on the passenger side. About a third larger than an oldsmobile.<BR>