1901 - 1910 HOLSMAN AUTOMOBILES WANTED

I am trying to locate persons who currently owns any 1901 - 1910 Holsman Automobiles. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I can be reached by calling Henrietta Holsman Fore at 202-965-3227, ext, 10, faxing at 202-965-3289 or by emailing me at Holsman@erols.com. Thank you.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...

I am an automotive appraiser in Las Vegas, Nevada. I am working out insurance valuations on three Holsman highwheelers 1904, 1906 and 1909. Prices on comparables are, as you can imagine, hard to locate.

I am looking for any figures of any pre 1910 highwheelers that have changed hands privately or in public sale in the last five years. The condition range is older restoration. Running. No rot or rust.

I am also looking for figures on # 5 condition Chevy trucks, 1918-1922, too far gone to restore sensibly, but good ghost town statuary. Any ideas?

Happy trails to you,

Peter Boyd

www.pvbms.com

• 4 years later...

I'm researching a Holsman, number 2110, that came from the Dr. Samuel L. Scher collection to the Richard C. Paine Jr., collection at the Seal Cove Auto Museum in the mid 1960's. The car was an AACA National Prize winner, but do not know when or if Dr. Scher was the owner when awarded. Did AQ ever do an article on Holman? Do any of you have the book "Holsman History 1901 -1910 by Franklin B. Tucker (1994)" that you would sell, or donate, to the Seal Cove? I want to date the car and establish provenance. We have it dated as 1902, which is incorrect, most likely 1907. Any leads or information would be appreciated.

post-69114-143142401566_thumb.jpg