franc944

Select 60 Restoration

So does someone want to sell me a rust-free sub-frame quick?

P.m. me your deal

Does anyone know what other cars use the same subframe ?

We have several rust free subframes in stock. I am driving north next week to drop off a car. Not all the way to Connecticut but if you could meet me it'd save you $350 in shipping.

I would also suggest replacing the control arms that come off the subframe. We have rust free ones in stock as well.

Shoot me an email marck@EastCoastReattaParts.com

I decided to pull the complete sub frame from the parts car. I know you guys will love the pic of my ghetto-shade tree 2x6 and rachet strap engine hoist

post-123917-0-87022300-1435225807_thumb.

post-123917-0-79383200-1435225830_thumb.

Edited by franc944 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

So I used engine degreaser and power washed the parts car sub frame down

I wiped thewhole thing down with solvent. I realized I had enough surface rust to use up some POR15 I had on hand.

I scrubbed it all down with a wire brush and blew it off with air compressor and wiped again.

2 coats of por15 and the. I will spray it with vht gm satin black engine paint.

Then to slap on some new parts.

I still need tranny cooler lines.

post-123917-0-57088000-1435449539_thumb.

• Like 1

Tramsmission lines are no longer available. I bought a set about 7 years ago and was told I was "lucky" to get them. You may want to try a hydrallic line place,maybe they can make one up for you.

Franc,

If you haven't already, you should check the metal and bushings at the ends of the reaction rods (struts) that come off of the lower control arms and through the frame. Over the years, the rod rusts away into an hourglass shape at the point where it goes through the frame, weakening the metal. It may then snap off. The only way to see this is to remove the rubber bushings and the arm from the frame. Easier to do while you have the frame out in the open.

John F.

• Like 1

After 3 long years the body shop has started on the full respray!

i couldn’t be more excited to see this being done.  There is true hope this project will be done and driving by spring time!

6F4F766E-400F-4D14-BBA1-AB3283C0FA70.jpeg

5DF4B8DA-647E-4131-9A42-5D47740080B2.jpeg

Glad to see someone saving on of these special cars.

Don't know if you found the transmission lines...........they would be the same as a Riviera, of which there were many more built.

Some of the people here that live in the south might be able to find you some good lines.

I would volunteer but the closest yard to me is about 35 miles and even Rivieras of that vintage are hard to find.

Edited by Barney Eaton (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

OK,

Does anyone know the closest color code for the ACC carpet kit I can order new for the FLAME red interior?

I would cut off a sample of the original carpet and send to them.........  go to the passenger foot well and cut of a corner at the upper corner......

• Thanks 1