First Unread Thread

If you want to go to the first unread post in a discussion, simply click on the dot or star to the left of the discussion title. That will take you to the first reply that you have not yet read.

• Like 1

There used to be an option on the upper right of a thread that I could click on that brought me to the first unread thread since my last visit.

Now I have to scroll down through the thread to see what I recognize. 

Maybe I should reword this. I meant to say the first unread post since my last visit.  

To the left of the discussion title is the poster's avatar on my computer. 

It sounds like you are clicking on the title of a discussion and then trying to find the first unread post. I don't think you can get directly to the first unread post by clicking on the discussion title like that.  

When I first open a forum, there is a list of discussions in that forum. Those that have been read are in a subdued color. Those in a darker color have new posts since I last visited that forum. To the left of each discussion is a dot or a star, depending on the number of posts in taht discussion. If I click directly on the dot or star, it opens the first unread discussion in that thread. I think you should see the same thing if you try it that way.  

Glad to be able to help. The thing that helped me learn more about  how this forum software worked was to "hover" my mouse over different items on the forum. A description of what that item does pops up at the lower left hand corner of the page.

• 2 weeks later...