Parting out 41 4 door

Plyroadking

Bought this as a potential parts car for a 41 sedanette I'm aquiring in a month. I don't know much about Buicks yet, I'd like to keep whatever is interchangeable between the 4 and 2 door providing that their even the same series. This 4 door has lot of body rust but the doors are solid.

post-123771-0-42184000-1432480793_thumb.

What series or model # is the parts car? That will tell you how much is interchangeable. Specials are the 40-series; Supers are 50-series, etc. Am interested in the hood side molding (the long stainless strips) if this is s Special.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Leonard, TX

• 1 month later...

The fact that it is a model 41, does it have the upgraded Super options? Does the back seat have an armrest in the middle of the seat? Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Lol. To far away for me. Needing a transmission. Mine is froze up in 2nd, third gear. I did get 1st, and reverse to work. I am thinking other ave's though. I have the 5 bolt smaller one. My quandary is I am going back and forth on a V/8 /auto swap. The car has 55,000. The engine runs fantastic. Hate to change it, but in the long run, I can swap a lot cheaper, and get parts on the road if I need them. I do plan to change to 12 volt either way. I am hoping to find one in Ohio, at a good price. Glad to see you did save parts to help others. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lawrence,

I might have one gravel shield, I can't recall which side it is though, I'll look next time I'm in the shed. The dash in my parts car was pretty beat up and I finished it off with the plasma cutter. I saved all that I could and used the panels on my cars dash. I have a couple broken hood latches but nothing that is usable. I've been watching the century you got, I was interested to see where it was going, looks like a great car!

Hi Road King, Thanks for speedy reply. Will have the car in about a week or so and likely I will want to change some bits after looking it over. Might need guards on both sides but keeping it un restored is the plan so good condition but not perfect is fine. Looks like rear fenders will need some banging out. Paint and chrome may come up some so perhaps it wont require much. Hoping this is a car I get to drive and keep for a long time to come. I was going to buy a special when I spotted this on Ebay and fell for it. Seller tells me even the radio is working! I will post some pics soon.