new forum layout

Guest Wayfarer

Guest Wayfarer

I admit that I am not a daily user of this forum so if the question has been resolved in some manner or fashion just point me in the general direction...

Here goes.  The 'old' system had discussions broken down by marquee (for me that is Mother Mopar stuff) but what I see now is a hodge-podge of everything. Is this the new 'normal'? or do I need to do something to somehow filter what is of interest?

Guest AlCapone

I think the important issue here is to give the new forum a chance. Explore and ask questions and I am sure we will be better off than we were previously. Too often a new system is opposed simply because it is change. Progress requires change. I am glad you asked the question. Wayne

Curti,

I don't understand what you are trying to say about photos. Please explain. I am simplying using the arrow keys on my keyboard to scroll through multiple photos in a single post.

I'm trying to figure out what the number under our avatars means.  I've been doing a little research on it, but couldn't find anything.  To see the one I am referring to, bring your Cursor to your forum name and a new "box" will show up.  Under your avatar will be a number in a green rectangle box.  Some of the ones I have been noticing are "0" and others are numbers that go up to "10" ??

Bill

Curti, it took me some time to figure out the picture thing too. Just point your curser to the top left or right edge of the pic and the word NEXT will pop up. Click on it to go to the next picture in the set. At least that is how it works for me.

Edited by Fleek (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I'm trying to figure out what the number under our avatars means.  I've been doing a little research on it, but couldn't find anything.  To see the one I am referring to, bring your Cursor to your forum name and a new "box" will show up.  Under your avatar will be a number in a green rectangle box.  Some of the ones I have been noticing are "0" and others are numbers that go up to "10" ??

Bill

Pretty sure the number in the green box is the number of "Likes" a member has received Bill

• Like 1

Pretty sure the number in the green box is the number of "Likes" a member has received Bill

I don't think it is, although I've been wondering about it. I just hovered over a few members' names and saw that one was red and had a -7. How do you get -7 likes? I don't particularly care about likes, but that number definitely has me curious now.

• Like 1

I believe you are correct.  I just gave you a "Like" for responding to my post and it went from 12 to 13. 

Thanks

Bill

I don't think it is, although I've been wondering about it. I just hovered over a few members' names and saw that one was red and had a -7. How do you get -7 likes? I don't particularly care about likes, but that number definitely has me curious now.

That's an interesting question.

I'm glad I'm in the Green category, lol.

While I would like to keep this forum discussion to one question per thread as Peter requested, let me take a slight off topic detour and answer helfen's question...

Each member sees that on only his profile. Nobody sees any warning point result for any other forum member. As long as the number is 0 you have nothing to worry about. That display is a result of the portion of the forum software that we use to ban spammers. We don't currently issue warning points for lesser offenses. The software has the capability of assigning warning points for minor infractions. We don't do that.  As long as your number is zero you can simply ignore it.

One issue per "post" or one issue per "thread" ?

Sorry if I mis-understood.

Bill

Bill

Bill

No, I misspoke, meant to say "One issue per thread? Sorry to confuse.

Guest Wayfarer

did you scroll down the list of forums?

...oddly enough, my screen view has changed and the 'list' was not visible(or there at all) after the roll-out thus my reason for posting.

It appears that my world is now back in order.

Now, also wondering why, in the thread listing, that this topic says '0' views. At first I thought that I was being shunned :(

So many questions.....so little time.

Yes, I am a self-confessed techno-tard.

Gary

Edited by Wayfarer (see edit history)
Guest Wayfarer

Under General Discussion this thread title is listed, before this post it was about ½ way down and on the right side of that screen page:

photo-thumb-77380.jpg?_r=0

...sorry to be asking stooopid questions. Just trying to figure this out.

I understand. This thread was moved from the General Forum. It is not actually there anymore. What is there is a redirect title (which obviously does not reflect actual views of the actual thread). When you click on that redirect title, it takes you to the thread which is in the Forum Software Questions/Instructions forum.

If you scroll down below the AACA Forums section you will find the section of the forum where this thread actually resides and you will see the number of views there.