Joys Of Living Near O'Hare

JalopyBob

My 90 dark red coupe has been living in the driveway, after the clearcoat on the hood said  see ya. This morning

I walked out the back door to find a thin layer of an oxide rusty red powder coating the car and every thing else nearby.

Being just 2 miles north of O'Hare Airport I think we know who the culprit is. So, we have to have emissions controls

and catalytic converters, and the Jets need nothing. Wonder why that  is?

Sorry about that coating on your car.

I've often wondered why everyone goes after cars, when other vehicles & even buildings give off emissions, too.

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"Nobody likes to be let down" __ Jack Johnson __ 'Flake'

Many years ago there was a BCA Regional Meet held in Indianapolis. A tour of the Indianapolis Motor

Speedway museum was a part of the meet, with around 50 or 60 gorgeous Buicks parked in the lot while we

toured the museum.

Unfortunately, the speedway is in the path of one of the landing patterns for the Indy airport. When

we all came out of the museum every Buick had been "misted" with dumped jet fuel during a final

landing approach to the airport.

For the next couple of hours the speedway parking lot was turned into a Buick detailing shop as all the

owners worked like crazy to remove the haze. It was quite a site. Fortunately none of us suffered any

serious damage, but it was sure a royal pain.

Because emissions controls for aircraft would cost more than a lobbyist ? At least it is better than other things they used to dump.

ps I live 20 minutes from Orlando International (MCO). That is close enough.

Guest Richard D

Padgett, remember the black soot that poured out of the original 707s? After 10,000 feet they got less and less. Here in Miami they would published the time and days that mosquito spray planes would be flying over at low altitude. If you did not wash off the white dots right away they would become a real pain. Of course we were assured that it was safe for humans. I think it was called malithion or something like that. Sure a, glad it was safe.