can someone recommended a shop in the south Florida area to refurb my leather

Guest Richard D

Guest Richard D

My leather is not torn or have any seams split. What it does need is a professional cleaning, conditioning, and maybe a dye job from fading. The carpet behind the Seats are faded.Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Richard

Guest Richard D

One place who's add said specializes in leather refurbishment. They sent an email stating that all they do with real leather is cover it in leather look vinyl. Nice. NEXT!

Hi Richard ... this is John in Sarasota. Sorry I haven't been on to see your message but hopefully I got to you in time. Hoyt's Auto Upholstery here in Sarasota is outstanding and then some; they have a terrific reputation to back that up! They are as good as it gets. I had them repair my driver’s side seat ... it was worn from getting in and out. They first found the perfect match for the seat color [tan]. They ordered the material and called me as soon as it came in and had me bring the Reatta down. They do not do half-butt work ... they pulled the driver's side seat out of the car. They ripped out the side and back of the seat and replaced it with the new material doing all stitching by hand. The end result is a seat I defy anyone to tell it has ever been worked on, absolutely beautiful. The cost? A very reasonable $187.25. I tipped the guy because of the impressive result that exceeded my expectations and I appreciated the gentle way they treated my car.

Hoyt’s Auto Upholstery – Don & Hedda Summertin [Owners] … they have a great team – 4017 Sawyer Court, Sarasota, Florida 34233941-924-2604

Take care, John

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Richard D

The upholstery shop has promised to get it in and out for me, the owner of the shop has had a death in the family and will let me work on the wiring under the carpet while he has the seats out. I will give it a try.