Picture size

post-92502-0-99824400-1431797403_thumb.j

Peter,

Is it me or are the picture sizes all messed up?  I cant see the entire pictures when they load in the threads, they are so big.  When you click on the picture they become smaller.  I posted the picture here and it looks ok????   Check out my restoration thread on the 1950 Crosley Hotshot resurection.

Thanks,

Dale

PS.  Great job on the forums!!!

Edited by dalef62 (see edit history)

Attached photos are displayed in the thread at 400 pixels wide. (still adjusting the size, some people complain its too big, others say its too small)

If the uploaded photo is smaller than 400 pixels wide and you click on it, its shows smaller. Solution - upload larger photos.

I just added some photos to one of my threads and they appear that the file is shrunk to the 400 pixels wide (about 15-25k) - the photos I upload are typically at 1100 pixels wide, about 100-150k.  Did my original 1100-pixel wide photos get resampled to 400?  How do I view the 1100 pixel width that I uploaded?  For many things, 400 pixel width isn't enough detail.  I also see some threads being posted in the last day or so where their photos are larger than the 400 pixels wide.  How are they doing that?

Thanks for all the hard work that went into upgrading the forum software. I don't mean to be critical. I'm offering the following to help with getting the forum back to the way it was before the software update.

Having the thumbnails in a post resized to 400px (or even smaller) is fine but it would be really be helpful if the popup window would allow the images to be resized to a minimum of 800px so more detail could be seen. (I'm talking about images submitted that are 800px or larger.)  Many of the images that are posted, in the Reatta forum at least, have notations on them that can't be read very well at 400px as it is now.

Also,  the new software doesn't allow viewing all images uploaded unless you are signed in. Some images can be viewed but with some of them all you see is the file name(s) displayed as links. If you click on one of the links a box pops up that says you don't have permission to view tine image. I don't know if that is a bad thing but I just wanted to point it out.

Edited by Ronnie (see edit history)

ok. i see the problem. Will find a way to address...

but know that people complained when I chose to display thumbnails that you had to click, then they complained that the non-thumbnail images were to big, not the complaint is they are too small.

• 1 month later...

How are people attaching photos that stay the size that they are on your own computer before you upload them?

I have been resizing my photos to crop out extra background and shrink file size and make pretty much all of them 1100 pixels wide.  These end up in the 120-150k range for file size - quite small, compared to how a lot of our cameras take photos at 5000k+ now.  1100 pixel width actually prints on paper at about 10" wide with good enough resolution to hang up in my office.

But using "more reply options" "attach files" option resizes my even relatively small photos to even smaller - 75k-85k, and they're resized to something under the 1100 pixels.  But I see other people posting with well over 1meg photo file size (so big I have to scroll it to pick "close"), and others who probably are doing their own resizing who post 1000-1500 pixel wide photos.

How are these slightly larger but reasonable-sized photo files not being resized by this posting app?  How do I not have my photos resized below what I size them to?

I believe the software resizes (not compresses) to 1000 px by 1000 px and it does not retain the original image, just the resized one.  AFAIK the only way to get anything larger is to put your image on a site like Photobucket and put the link to the photo in your post.  Of course, over time that link will likely become stale so for historical reasons it's better to put the photo on the forum if you can.

Cheers, Dave

Guest Flyer1

This is just a test,this picture was originally 239x320 (44.1KB)

i re-sized it to 66.79KB ...

post-151061-0-22745400-1435302296_thumb.

The same picture on another forum using the same software is roughly twice the size and clearer (mainly due to a black background 

of the reply box once posted).

It seems like a setting issue within on which i have no idea how to help with, but they are working on it :)

The link as to where the other picture sits could be posted for benefit of comparison (it does work when previewed from here) , however i feel it would be a breech of the rules on behalf of both forums to do that , so that's a no go. :)