Sign in to follow this  
jwb56

Manifold Compatibility 1941 Studebaker Commander 226

Hello, I am still working on my exhaust system for the 1941 Studebaker Commander 226 - 11A B3. I believe it is a 226 CI. I need to find another manifold for my car.  Are there other years and other engine sizes that match that manifold?  Do you know anyone who has one for sale?   My problem is that I took the manifold to a machine shop to have the "exhaust pipe to manifold" surface refaced.  Unfortunately the guy set it up wrong and cut off it at a slant so that 1/4 of an inch on one side of face is lower than the original angle.  Now that the pipe mounts crooked and doesn't line up.  I don't think there is enough meat left on the manifold to resurface it straight now.  Have you ever seen a grown man cry?  Short term I'll try getting the pipe bent to get it to mount up but long term I need to replace the manifold.  Thanks for any info you have!  John in NJ

I have a manifold that I removed from my 1938 parts car that will work on your car.  The parts book lists the inlet manifold as part #198706 and that fits 1938 Commander six while the exhaust manifold is 517561 fits 1938 to 1941 Commanders.  I do not see the private messages anymore so call me at eight 1 seven, nine 2 four, 0 six 2 two.