B.B. King

Seldenguy

I was on my way home from Texas with my '36 Roadmaster convertible in 1982 when I met him at a rest stop in Oklahoma. He saw the car and immediately came over and introduced himself, he was a Buick owner and admirer. We spent a half hour visiting about Buick's and his travels to Rochester. He said as a kid he could only dream about owning a Roadmaster. I am sure that dream came true later in his life. Ever the gentleman the world will miss him and his music! Rest in peace B.B. King.

• Like 1

We saw him in the lobby of the Capitol Hilton in Washington DC.  We had a drink at the bar just to watch him spend time with fans and give autographs.  He signed one kid's guitar and posed for pictures with anyone who asked.  He was playing for the Clinton's gala dinner party at the Hilton that night, & I believe he also played for the Rolling Thunder charity drive the next day.  Many of today's music celebrities wouldn't spend the time with fans that he did...

Edited by Mark Shaw (see edit history)

During one of his concert/club dates, my younger brother Jerry was backing him up on Tenor and Baritone Sax and Flute, and was able to let our (then under-age for alcahol) sister in through a backstage door. They both remember him for his talent and his gentle manner. Regrettably, through all my years as a musician I never got to meet him.

• 1 month later...

BB is one of my all time favorite  artist fantastic performer!  never got to meet him  but seen him in concert 1988, 4th row center @ Red Rocks in Denver, with Stevie Ray Vaughn WOW I was hooked on both of them!  So sad when Stevie was gone, got to see BB 3 more times in Nebraska concerts, to even come to Lincoln, Neb. was a tribute to his character many artist would say no. to Neb. His music performance & band members where awesome I crank the radio when ever I hear him and tell the younger kids  what a thrill they missed!