New Forum Questions

If this is the wrong place for this or you aren't quite done with the changeover, please move or lock, but I thought maybe if the questions went to one place it would be easier.

First, so far I like it.  The Like button has returned and there are more features it seems to me. Some things are different but we will get used to them fast I am sure.

My questions are on the photo posting.  Are the size limitations (2000 px) the same as before?  Also I notice that the avatar pix are cropped a bit.  Do we need to resize and repost, and what should the new size be?

Cheers, Dave

• 4 weeks later...

I would think that he needs to contact his Internet Service Provider and ask for an explanation and a fix for it. I understand we also have a user in Australia who has the same problem.

Hi Mark,

I’m hoping you can help.  I am getting this message when I try to log on to the AACA Forum.  “This site has been blocked by the network administrator”

Would it be possible to let an administrator know I have problems please?   I don’t know anyone else  I can ask.  E-mail is brass@xtra.co.nz

Regards and thanks

Al

I am getting the same problem from New Zealand using spark/telecom  USB 3G wireless T stick

Now in a NZ public library using library wifi. Is OK most, but not all, of the time, But if I click an old link get the banned message.

Only started 5 days ago (Friday)

No issues with my work laptop on  the work IT system,

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)

I am not 100% certain, but I believe this problem is due errors in the forum's DNS configuration settings and have PM'd Peter to make that suggestion.

While I am fairly conversant with IP.Board, the intricacies of DNS configuration are outside of my knowledge.

I am getting the same problem from New Zealand using spark/telecom  USB 3G wireless T stick

Now in a NZ public library using library wifi. Is OK most, but not all, of the time, But if I click an old link get the banned message.

Only started 5 days ago (Friday)

No issues with my work laptop on  the work IT system,

Now works for the first time in 6 days from my personal laptop in New Zealand using Spark USB wireless link, But only new threads.

Threads linked do not work, but not the same error message as before.

Seem to be a NZ problem.  4 others have(had?) the problem, 3 of us on Spark and 1 on Vodaphone and 1 unknown ISP.  Every person in NZ I have asked has the problem. One person paid his IT person to look at the problem. She could not get access to www.aaca.org

I asked 3 people in Australia. 1 was OK and 1 has problems, but that may be due to using the new software

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)

Perhaps with more than 70,000 members, there is one or more AACA Forums members who are experts on this DNS stuff. I realize he/she's probably a lot younger than me and maybe even most of the folks here, but I can't do anything about that... LOL!

Anyone knowledgeable and experienced in the DNS arena willing to assist your club by some consulting on this technical issues?

• 1 year later...

Paul,

It took me a few minutes to figure it out. Go to your profile by clicking on your user name. At the top of your profile you will see your avatar photo. If you hover your mouse over the lower left corner of that photo, you should see a pop up for profile photo. Click that option for the option to upload a different photo to change that photo. You can also upload a cover photo for the profile page if you wish by clicking on the button near the top right corner of the profile page.

• Like 1