Current limit relay

dbdave26

HI    I have a 1931 model 8 66s. Recently the current limit relay popped and died. I have searched around looking for a replacement, but to no avail. Several of the vendors suggested going a more modern route. Does anyone have a good solution that works? I operate under the "kiss" method, so simple is better.

Thanks Dave

Hi Dave,

I am planning to replace mine with a standard fuse block. It's up under the dash so it won't be seen and it should work fine. Going off the wiring diagram it looks like it should be fairly simple.

Chuck

On my 1926-26, I simply removed mine and installed an ato type 25 amp fuse holder in its place. As per Chuck, it is under the dash and out of sight.

Edit 7-3-2015: After some research, I have now concluded that the original intent of the interrupting circuit breaker as applied to the lighting system is a safety device to prevent total blackout in the event of a ground fault while driving at night. This would give one time to pull over and diagnose the cause rather than a complete and total blackout with a fused circuit. I will be replacing the fuse I installed with the original circuit breaker.

Edited by AzBob (see edit history)

Hi Guys, thanks for your ideas. I'm checking in my old NAPA books to find some similar. It seems there wasn't much available in 6 volt. I do have some nos fuse blocks that will look period, if this lead doesn't come through.

Thanks Dave