The good news is the rear tail Light brake and turn signal is working, but now......HELP

Guest Richard D

Guest Richard D

By squeezing the main connector from the steering column the tail lights work. But earlier today the electrical problem detected light came on and after I pushed the column connection together the air bag light comes on. I pulled the #14 fuse, air bag and it is good, however when that fuse was out the electrical problem light went out. I am still waiting for my fsm to arrive. What does the electrical problem light report on? Running voltage is 13.8 with AC on. Fix one thing and two more appear.

THANKS TO EVERYONE!

Richard

Guest Richard D

PROBLEM FIXED, took apart the column connector, sprayed both half's with non flammable contact cleaner and plugged and unplugged about 4 times to wipecontacts. Everything now works matter how much wheel is tilted or moved. I even installed the bottom cover and sound absorbing foam.

I have to ask, because you mentioned the air bag light being fixed at the connector. Not trying to be a wise guy here either, but what do you think of the idea that now 25 year old airbags in our Reattas will offer any real protection in the event that we are in a crash, or if it will even deploy after all of these years.  50-50 possibility? Not that I want to find out the hard way.

Guest Richard D

The only answer I can give you is that on my first Reatta, 1990 model year built in 1989 I 1996 I was T boned by a drunk driver on the drivers side front fender which chamged my direction of travel at 50 MPH into a head on drivers side hit into a square concrete pole. Fortunately the was a motorcycle officer at the corner. All I remember is the sound of a shotgun going off in mw car. In a few seconds I realized what happened and I took off my seat belt and opened the door and stood up. Mistake, before I gell over the cop had me back on the drivers seat. Waiting for fire rescue I noticed that the drivers floor was pushed up to the back of the brake pedal from the engine being pushed back about 4 inches. The rescue guy could not believe that no glass was broken and the doors still works. I had my air bag system checked at a Cadillac fealler which can do a much more through than the self check and if passed all tests as new.Snew.Saved mmy life omce, hope it never has to do it again. I did have to spend 4 days in ICU andfractured my sternum. Among other stuff.