Seeking a 1967 or 1968 Riviera. Thanks for your help!

jj5794

Seeking a 1967 or 1968 Riviera. A GS is optimal although not essential.

Looking for excellent original (or maybe better termed as unrestored) mechanical and cosmetic condition with as few, hopefully documented, miles as possible.

Must have the optional custom vinyl strato bucket seats and full length center console with floor shifter. The 1967 Fisher Body codes for the seats are 651, 653, 656 or 658 depending on the color. For 1968, the codes are 690, 691, 693 or 698.

At least optioned with factory air conditioning and power windows. The more highly optioned Riv the better.

Should have the correct 67-70 style rallye wheels with cone center caps.

For color, would especially like charcoal (paint code V for both 1967 and 1968), inca silver (Z for 1968), platinum (P for 1967), regal black (A for 1967 and 1968) or arctic white (C for 1967 and 1968). Maybe plum (U for 1967), maroon (N for 1968), champagne (S for 1967) or other. A quality repaint is best although I could have the vehicle repainted if it has a worn finish. Prefer no earth tones and no vinyl top.

Am a long-time member of the BCA and ROA and do check this website (you guys are great and really know your stuff!), the Bugle and the Riview for listings. I also very regularly check the usual sources such as Hemmings, Craigslist's nation-wide (thanks Ed Raner for the AutoTempest tip) and many other websites for used vehicles (including collector car for sale websites) as well as collector dealer websites.

Two threads on this site have shown Rivieras of the type I am seeking. They are the olive gold 68 which is the subject of the thread "1968 Riveria info needed" posted January 25, 2015 (Riveria was the misspelling in the thread header) and the blue 67 shown by mp67riv in the thread 66-67 Riviera posted February 26, 2015. I would have chased the 67 although I own a car in nearly that exact color combination.

I understand that what is being sought is pretty specific and may take quite a while to find.

Sorry about the length of this post.

Thank you very much. I appreciate your help.

Sincerely,

Jim Vesely

BCA # 39477

ROA # 7437