Parts prices

Barney Eaton

They are New Old Stock and probably worth that.

I am glad for two things. That I hate those wheels and only have one set of Reatta wheels left [for winter driving] and that I have no interest in getting a "show car" and having to spend that kind of money.

However hats off for Steve finding them.

Edited by DAVES89 (see edit history)

There is also an outfit in Florida, White Racing Products, with a significant amount of NOS Reatta parts listed on ebay right now. Saw a rear bumper impact bar (anodized aluminum part) for around $660, less shipping. Wonder where they turned up all this stuff. My first thought is that VPI dumped what they had left and this outfit bought it all. Either that or some old dealer stock, but there is too much of it to have all come from one dealer. They do have some rather obscure parts like the tail lamp closeout baffles (rubber strips that seal ends of lamp housing). No bargains, but if you need or want NOS your options are limited. For a concours grade show car, I imagine the prices are not unreasonable. Not what I'm shooting for, but nice to see this stuff available for those who are.

KDirk

a wise man once told me, "something is worth what it brings".

so $850 is too much for a set of NOS hub caps? do YOU have any? I had five sets, and also sold them to very uncomplaining customers for $850 per set. ANYONE who decides to have their factory 1988-1990 wheels professionally refinished will need a set. not even the nicest set of used hub caps will match the refinished wheels.

Steve did want to thank you however, Barney, for bringing them to everyone's attention here. thanks to you, he has received three calls on them today, and expects them to be gone by the end of the weekend.

if these are allegedly "overpriced", perhaps some forum members could let us all know where we could find brand new ones (and a LOT of them!) for less.

Mike Rukavina

buickreattaparts.com

Guest my3buicks

Attitudes like this is what gives "some"(certainly not all) of the Reatta vendors a less than stellar view by Reatta owners. This is all to common, it's almost like dealing with Jaguar vendors.

BTW, on your website under interior packages you have listed as a special option "Ultrasuede bolsters, used originally on early 1988 models" - the early 88's didn't use ultrasuede - that is a manmade material - they used Kroupana Sueded Pigskin - which was a natural real leather, not a manmade material. You may want to correct that as to not mislead anyone.

Edited by my3buicks (see edit history)

a wise man once told me, "something is worth what it brings".

so $850 is too much for a set of NOS hub caps? do YOU have any? I had five sets, and also sold them to very uncomplaining customers for $850 per set. ANYONE who decides to have their factory 1988-1990 wheels professionally refinished will need a set. not even the nicest set of used hub caps will match the refinished wheels.

Steve did want to thank you however, Barney, for bringing them to everyone's attention here. thanks to you, he has received three calls on them today, and expects them to be gone by the end of the weekend.

if these are allegedly "overpriced", perhaps some forum members could let us all know where we could find brand new ones (and a LOT of them!) for less.

Mike Rukavina

buickreattaparts.com

I guess I was selling a set of 4 too cheap at only $400. Oh well, I've only got about 20 hub caps left. And a bunch of the improved snap-on 91's. It's only money. ;)

Wonder what these sellers are going to do when the NOS parts dry up? Let's see maybe your going to make $500-600 for the set. OK what's next after that's gone? A good business model is one where you make a fair profit and provide good service since REPEAT customers are like gold since they come back again and again. It's harder to get a customer than keep one who is happy. A guy who puts his boot to your throat is one I really don't want to deal with unless I absolutely have to. Then for the common parts you don't go back to the gouger you patronize the dependable and fair seller. It's like the tortoise and the hare. Slow and steady usually wins.

That said sometimes you say NO Thanks.... on principal.

Also the comment as to do you have any? No I don't and don't care if you do.

I have a bunch of "previously admired" center caps for early Reattae, not NOS but worthy.

...and a sizeable stock of electronics, tail lamps, clusters, master cylinders, alternators, switches, relays, turn signals, headlamp assemblies and others.

...including pair of NOS gray 16way seats with suede bolsters, LF fender, grilles, front lower valance, headliners. I still need a true '91 wheel for Beauty.

Dave called me today and said I should check in, since we left the farm I've been out of commission.

Thanks to Cancer treatment centers of America I'm now winning the fight against head & neck cancer & feel stronger every day.

Howdy to all y'all! I'm glad to be back.:cool:

Nice new look, way too many new options here at the forum.

...and a number of friends & familiar names, hey Barney, Jim, Mike, Padgett, KDirk, Handmedown, My3 and DAVE!!

Guest my3buicks

Welcome Back!! Glad you are making good progress. Get in that black beauty and put the top down, that will do wonders for you.

Manik-

good to hear you are doing ok. Was wondering what became of you as you simply stopped posting quite a while back. Glad you still have that 'vert, too. I trust you are taking time to enjoy it with your health improving. While I never much cared for convertibles, now that I own one I find that driving it on a nice day provides a great deal of enjoyment and generally improves my disposition. Funny that something so simple can make such a difference. I hope you derive the same kind of enjoyment from yours.

Keep fighting the good fight, and stop in here when you have the chance.

KDirk

Keith,

actually, we're both right.

GM issued a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) in March of 1988 about the premature wear on the suede bolsters. this became evident early on, with a lot of the Reattas that were displayed and open to people to sit in at auto shows showing wear and even tearing of the pigskin bolsters.

they gave customers a choice of either changing the cushions to leather seating surface with vinyl trim (early 1988 leather cars had full leather everywhere, but that changed after about car #600), or replacing the cushions with Ultrasuede trim instead of the pigskin. we've had three cars here with the original replacement Ultrasuede.

and thanks for looking at our new website!

Mike Rukavina

buickreattaparts.com

Guest Kingsley

Manic - we have certainly missed your witty participation here on the Forum. Glad to have you back on board and we wish for you a continued recovery.

Kingsley

I have a bunch of "previously admired" center caps for early Reattae, not NOS but worthy.

...and a sizeable stock of electronics, tail lamps, clusters, master cylinders, alternators, switches, relays, turn signals, headlamp assemblies and others.

...including pair of NOS gray 16way seats with suede bolsters, LF fender, grilles, front lower valance, headliners. I still need a true '91 wheel for Beauty.

Dave called me today and said I should check in, since we left the farm I've been out of commission.

Thanks to Cancer treatment centers of America I'm now winning the fight against head & neck cancer & feel stronger every day.

Howdy to all y'all! I'm glad to be back.:cool:

Nice new look, way too many new options here at the forum.

...and a number of friends & familiar names, hey Barney, Jim, Mike, Padgett, KDirk, Handmedown, My3 and DAVE!!

Good to see you back.

Glad to have you back and even happier to hear of your progress in the fight against cancer.    

Seldom does anyone with these health problems have the time to tell us they will be otherwise occupied.     Always good to have you back.