data plate plastic covers?

wex65

I am looking to freshen up the data plate on our 55.

The metal plate itself is in great condition. The transparent/black plastic cover that has the Ford writing on it is lifting in several areas and honestly all I need is a new plastic cover.

So, does anyone sell these? That way I could simply lift the old one, clean the plate and apply a new cover. All the information remains on the metal plate so this seems like a simple exercise.

If no one does make/sell them if anyone interested if I get some made up.

Guest slumlord44

Bought a replacement that has the color anodized. Had to send a copy of the original. Not cheap as I recall but looks great and should last much longer than I will. You can also get a decal to re do it but it is a decal and will be have to be replaced periodically.

Many thanks for the feedback guys, I am more looking to have something original looking as the car itself is pretty original. Datatags can do an anodized one for $100 including shipping but it isn't so much the cost that is important to me but authenticity.

If the original was a decal then that's probably the way I will go. The car doesn't see rain and does like 2k miles a year so I think it should hold up pretty well. After all, the original looks like it held up for 60 years and I would like to think the materials/adhesives used now are better...hopefully.