judging at events

Please advise me if during the judging at an event if it is okay for the judge to lay down on the grass to inspect the underside of the chassis.I have been under the idea that a judge could put only one knee on the ground while inspecting. rolleyes.gif" border="0

This has been discussed at length many posts ago.<P>In a condensed form, it is "recommended" depending on the physical condition of the judge. It is "at the discretion of the judge". It is totally "up to the judge" depending on what peaked his/her curiosity.<P>Reminder: The purpose of the AACA is "preservation" for your car's benefit, your "satisfaction" that your car is your trophy, future generations will appreciate your "efforts".<P>My drill is the "closet should be as neat as the living room".<P>Regards, Peter J. wink.gif" border="0

Bob ~ I have yet to see a judge show up with a creeper or plastic sheet. That is carrying the thought to the ridiculous extreme.<P>The issue here has always been that SOME owners want judges to be <B>PROHIBITED</B> from really judging the underside of a vehicle. Being absolutely restricted to one knee beside a Jaguar XK120 on a grass judging field ain't gonna let nobody see nothin.<P>I presently have 260+ judging credits and frequently judge chassis. If I have probable cause to suspect that an electric fuel pump is hidden up under the frame somewhere, then by golly I will go under far enough to find it. If that is going to be considered a no-no and I am to be prohibited from doing so, then all the leadership has to do is tell me so, and I will be pleased to retire after 34 years of judging.<P>This is an <B>OLD</B> discussion and all you have to do is read the link novaman provided to see that this issue has already been discussed and resolved. ~ hvs<p>[ 01-25-2002: Message edited by: hvs ]