Sign in to follow this  
rls65rls

lowering kit and drop spindles

hey, another post, we put 4 2in drop coils on the 65 riv, a guy at the shop said you need to put drop spindles on it. there was no mention of dropped spindles when I bought the kit. is this true?

Benefits of AACA Membership.

You should hope not; there are no dropped spindle kits made for your Riviera. Others on the forum have just dropped their cars using the lowering springs.

Ed

I'm sure that others will chime in. Don't stake everything on just one reply. Have you done an archive search yet? Do a single content search and limit the search to the Riviera Owners forum otherwise you'll be all over the place. Use the key words 'lowering springs' and see what you can come up with.

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

I've dropped mine 3 inches with springs from coil spring spec. No issues so far, tracks great, no excessive tire wear, might scrape a bit on speed bumps, driveways, beer cans, etc. Looks good and drives fine.

hey, another post, we put 4 2in drop coils on the 65 riv, a guy at the shop said you need to put drop spindles on it. there was no mention of dropped spindles when I bought the kit. is this true?

Your sentence is a bit confusing as to who said what to who, but IF you wanted your car lower after installing the springs someone might suggest spindles. As Ed stated, though, none are available.

Steve

Custom springs can be ordered from several manufacturers. Check for other threads on here. 2" to 3" seems to be popular, but you can custom order others in between or even lower. If that isn't low enough, you can put air bags on it. The right combination of air bags and tires will put the frame on the ground without dropped spindles, if that is what you want to do. Short answer is nobody makes dropped spindles because they are not needed.

I lowered mine 3" in the front and 2" in the back with just the shortened springs + new shocks. No problems at all!