ABS Sensor leads

DAVES89

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In May I had 18 front and 6 rear leads for sale.

I now only have 6 reconditoned front leads still available. No rear leads left. After I sell these I will consider leaving the lead business as it has become too difficult to get salvage yard operators to check them and pull them for me so if you want them, act now.

John [Machiner55] I will hold two of these front leads for you so that means I actually only have 4 left.

They are tested and everyone who has seen them thinks they are in new [or close to] new condition.

Price is still the same at $125.00 each delivered.

My email is;

lemke1044@aol.com

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I just found a yard and bought two front sensor leads. Because I bought right on them I will hold to my earlier price of $125.00 each delivered. These are all for the 1988-1990 Reattas.

The 1991 wheel speed sensor leads are also discontinued but I have none in inventory and am unable to get them.

PM is "Private Message". You should look at the top of the page to see if you recieved one. You will see a red icon. Click on it.

Regarding your light coming on. It could be a bad lead. I would recomend you get the car up in the air and look for fraying of the leads. Trace the lead up to the engine compartment. Look for the plug, squeeze it and pull apart, then read it with the ohms setting on your digital meter.

I have a number for sale.

It must be a sign of spring. Sold 4 front and 2 rear leads this week. Down to 5 front and 2 rear leads left. After that unless they fall in my lap, I will be exiting the sensor lead business. So if you want one, better act soon. Price is $125.00 each delivered.

• 2 weeks later...

I have now sold the last of my inventory of both front and rear sensor leads. Unless I have a run of bad luck and need extra cash to keep my cars up I am now exiting the Wheel Speed Sensor business.

Thanks for your support.

• 2 months later...

It looks like I am back in the Wheel Speed Sensor business. I had a NOS fall in my lap [now sold] and have had additional requests for good used ones. I just found two that will be delivered to me next week and have leads for more.

I am also [due to requests] considering a rebuild service of good working units. What I would offer is taking YOUR WORKING LEAD and removing the plug and boots and installing heat shrink over your existing sensor cable restoring your cable in like new condition and protecting the cable for years to come. This service would only work if you have a 1988 Reatta [as the leads are easily removed] or were NOT in the rust belt and could remove the lead barrel head from the hub area. I would not be responsible for you breaking the barrel end in your attempt to remove the barrel end from your hub area. 

I am looking at a price of $75.00 each. If interested email me at;

lemke1044@aol.com

Edited by DAVES89 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I have confirmation of 6 front ABS sensor leads coming my way. Found two different yards that were willing to test pull, and send leads only. Don't need the steering knuckles.

I will say it is getting harder to find these parts. I spent over an hour on the internet finding yards and then another 2-3 convincing the yards I found to pull just the lead. They don't understand the value of what I call "soft goods" they want to sell the steel [fenders, doors, hoods, etc]. 

If interested in a front lead Email me at;

lemke1044@aol.com

• 2 weeks later...

Of the 6 leads I found from 2 different yards, 5 tested good so I ordered them. I recieved 1 from the yard in like new condition and this one was sold to someone on this forum. I have yet to recieve the other 4 but was told they test good but are weather cracked and will need restoration.

So I have four for sale at $125.00 each delivered.

If interested my email is; lemke1044@aol.com

• 2 weeks later...

I have sold out of the latest batch of sensor leads... thank you.

However after scouring the internet and buying all the 1988 leads [costing less then $50.00] I could find I am out of sources for 1988 leads. These are the leads that can be easily removed, saving me from buying the spindle from the salvage yards and trying to cut them out.

So having said that, if I am to continue with this I am forced to raise my price to $150.00 [and maybe higher depending on what I pay]. 

Buying the leads in spindles [1989/90] needing to be cut out raises my freight cost as the spindle shipped obviously weighs more then just the lead, I pay my machinist friend to cut them out of the spindle, then I pay my mechanic friend to rebuild the lead. I could do it except that he has "the knack" to remove and replace the lead end.

I know this is probably information overload, but I like to explain what and why I do what I do.   

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

There is a 1988 Reatta in the Pull a Part yard in Louisville Ky and an '88 In Pull a Part Atlanta South. If someone would be near by and could test them and if good I would buy them from you. I need a couple more to rebuild for future sale. Thanks!

I went to Bergstrom's the local Buick dealer and asked if there were any other cars besides the Reatta and Rivieras that used our front leads. It turns out they don't. The front leads on other Buicks, Cadillacs and Oldsmobiles use a variation of our rear lead. So there is nothing else out there. I spent much of today looking for front leads and came up with six. Two of them are in my possesion the other 4 are located in Milwaukee and Racine [80 and 120 miles away]. If I get them that will pretty much clear out what is in Wisconsin. I sent a picture of two of them to Ronnie as an example of how moderate Wisconsin temperature is in keeping these leads in good shape.

I could try Illinois and Minnesota but I like to see and test them with my ohm meter before buying them. But then there is the shipping. If I get just the lead [ as in the 1988 ] that would be fine, but the 1989/90 would come with the spindle and then the risk is poor packaging resulting in damage to the lead. Also Salvage Yards don't like testing stuff, they like selling "hard goods".

• 4 weeks later...

I realize for some of you that we are getting to the end of the year for driving your Reattas. However I drive either the Red or the Black every day of the year about 15,000 each yearly. Both cars have my rebuilt leads on the front and have not failed in 3 years driving in all types of weather [winter snow, salted roads, rain, etc.]. As a matter of fact the leads I am using are really the prototypes and in appearance are not as nice looking as the ones I am selling.

So if you need a lead please contact me at;

lemke1044@aol.com

Price is $125.00 each delivered.