judging weaknesses

How do I go about finding out how I scored at Hershey? I'm still not sure I understand how the judging works. I got a first junior last year but didn't get anything this year. I would like to know how I can improve my vehicle and what areas it is weak.

Write to the Vice President of Class Judging and ask for an evaluation sheet on your car from the Hershey show. It will not tell what you scored in points or the number of points deducted, but it will tell you the areas and components where you received deductions.<P>Get an AACA Exhibitors Manual and a Judging Manual from AACA Headquarters. These will greatly enhance your knowledge of the AACA judging system. smile.gif" border="0 ~ hvs

Why not sign up and go to a judging school at one of the national meets? Just because you go doesn't mean you have to judge in the future. If you decide you want to start judging fill out the card they give you otherwise leave it blank. You will get better insight to the process. smile.gif" border="0

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

FYI....I wrote this year, and got a wonderful response, and a phone call to boot! We discussed what was "allowed" to be discussed and now I have an even better idea on the fastest direction to go for a few more points next year. I can't afford it all at once, but in time. I have received a 2nd Jr. already, and nothing at Hershey this year, so I guess you have to keep on trying, no matter how disappointed. I figured off the "marked sheet" the max deductions, and I still had enough for at least a 3rd Jr., but wasn't close enough to get it. But I'll keep on trying! grin.gif" border="0 Good luck next year, they all tell me Hershey is a tough show, and I believe it.

• 2 weeks later...

Jim:<P>Russ Fisher's address is incorrectly listed on this website. Perhaps that is why you are getting no response to your snail-mail. The correct address for Russell Fisher is 18845 Saratoga Court, Brookfield, WI 53045. His e-mail address has not changed, to the best of my knowledge.

Jim ~ This is ridiculous. mad.gif" border="0 What are we coming to when the AACA VP Class Judging is unreachable and/or unresponsive? mad.gif" border="0 I urge you to write to the President of AACA and tell him your problem. Maybe he can get somebody moving in the right direction. ~ hvs