Another "storage facility" find

richasco

$45-65,000 for a late V16 limousine needing restoration sounds about right. I sold a 1938 Cadillac V16 "barn find" that was complete and in good condition but needed everything and I think we got around $35,000 for it (in fact, I sold it two times for about that figure). You can buy nice, running, driving ones for well under $80,000. They're not nearly as valuable as the earlier V16s.

This is a pretty cool find, but with "Barn Find Fever" at auctions, I suspect they'll each go for twice the estimates, especially if there's a lot of publicity around them.

http://www.kvue.com/story/news/features/2015/05/06/pre-war-treasure-discovered-in-cedar-park-garage/70926148/

What a find in a Austin Area garage. You hear about these but never had seen them.

The star of the collection is a 1932 Cadillac V-12 Convertible.Another car discovered in the barn is a 1938 Cadillac V-16 Limousine. Burnet said the car was originally owned by the Wrigley family and has never been restored.Other barn treasures include a 1933 V-12 Cadillac Coupe, a 1908 Reo Roadster and a 1923 Milburn Electric Model 27L, one of the first electric cars ever made.

post-30710-143143106947_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bill Stoneberg (see edit history)