Interior Options

I'm in the process of redo-ing my interior in my '62 LeSabre. According to the original trim brochure I have, it says the LeSabre only came with the vinyl/cloth combination on the seats, which it currently has. I was think of going to all vinyl, which was an option on the Invicta according to the brochure, for better wear and cost.<BR>My question is this:<BR>When you special ordered a car back in the early 60's, was it possible to get options that were available in another model? If not, how much would slammed for points-wise in a judged event if I do this? (I should have posted this anonymously 'cause any judges reading this will be saying "watch for that guy" rolleyes.gif" border="0 )

Scott ~ I can tell you from personal experience that in 1956, you <B>could not</B> get an all vinyl interior in a Buick, if it was not an option in one series but was an option in another. I tried to get all vinyl in a '56 Super Riviera, but the Super only offered cloth/vinyl while the Century offered all vinyl. I was forced to settle for what Buick wanted me to have, cloth/vinyl. ~ hvs

Howard~<BR>Thanks for the info. Do you or does anyone else know if this would be a judging issue in an AACA show? I checked section 8 and all that was stated was vinyl was not used by GM until 1953.<p>[ 11-29-2001: Message edited by: onebadassbuick ]

Scott ~ In my opinion it would all be a matter of how much the interior judge knows about your particular year and model Buick.<P>If all vinyl was flat out <B>NOT</B> available in a particular model, then the interior seat and seat back material would be incorrect and would be subject to a 5 point deduction per component; 2 seats and 2 backs = 20 points.<P>However, the judge would have to know it was not an available factory option. If he questioned it and asked you to produce documentation, then you are up the creek.<P>This one is a double edged sword. The judge probably won't know if it was a factory opion or not, but if he does the penalty is a big one. shocked.gif" border="0<P>My advice is that if you go all vinyl, you make it look like a factory pattern with factory like material. rolleyes.gif" border="0 ~ hvs<p>[ 11-29-2001: Message edited by: hvs ]

Howard- <BR>I am lucky enough to have found a brochure that illustrates all of the different interior options available for 1962. If I do go all vinyl, it will look like one of those. Thanks for the help! smile.gif" border="0

Scott, <BR> Maybe you will slide that by in an AACA Meet. I would be very surprised if you would get away with it in a BCA show. If you are concerned with maximizing your score; always build to the more stringent standard. If your personal taste is more important, than be prepared to get some more "deducts".<P> The most important point is: It's your car, you're making an informed decision, and you don't have to answer to anyone but yourself.<P> Best of Luck, Tom