Some questions regarding interior judging

Hi,<P>I'm new to the forum and will be attending my first AACA event at Hershey this fall.<P>I have a completley retored 1970 Chevelle SS.<P>However I am concerned on a few items.<P>a) My interior is original - but in excellent condition. I opted not replace it as I wanted to maintain as much originallity to the car as possible There are however a few fade spots on the door panels will I lose many points for this.<P>B) I had installed below the dash two small gauges - oil pressure and water temp - I tried to keep it as retro as possible as I installed the gauges as it would have bee done back in that day. Will I lose points for these should I remove them?<P>Thks<P>Rich<P>[ 08-06-2001: Message edited by: Richard Recupero ]<p>[ 08-06-2001: Message edited by: Richard Recupero ]

Hello, Richard:<P>As for the door panels, the maximum you can lose is 3 points for each panel, however, I doubt you would get the max. Depends on the overall condition of the panels. You may get one or two points deducted. Please keep in mind that AACA Judges are extremely fair for the most part. Most want to see you place well.<P>As for the gauges, I personally would remove anything that is not original. The more items you have to be judged increases the chance of deductions.<P>Best regards, Peter J.

If your gagues were not available from Chevrolet as an option. From your description they sound like they aren't. Best thing is to get them out of there. Why lose some points over them.<P>With AACA judging, if is a Factory option it is okay. if it something the dealer put on from the local parts store it is not. One other thing to consider when showing a car or restoring one to show. I'm going to use the tissue dispensor that was available for my Chevy II. If I put that in my car, when I go to a show the judge will be looking at it. If it should have some rust pits or scratches the judge will take a point or two. If I would have left it out of the car, home on the shelf, the judge never would have seen that pit or scratch and not taken the points deduction. Your car starts out with 400 points. 100 points for each catagory of interior, exterior, engine and chassis. Points are deducted for things wrong. Yes accessories are nice but not having them is a very easy way of not losing points.