What a mess

Guest my3buicks

Guest my3buicks

Ran rain the first hour, then dry roads for about 3 hours, then solid rain the next 4 hoursof the trip. Car is a mess and still raining here. Supposed to be nice tomorrow but trailer parking area is a mudpit and there is one entrance onto the showfield so it will be a mess. Not exactly sure how to present it tomorrow. I guess I get to do all over what I just spent the last month doing.

post-30591-143143096818_thumb.jpg

What a shame, a real bummer. Life is so cruel, here in AZ we have perfect weather but few great car shows. Back east, you have the great shows but it seems to always rain when you have a show that is very important to you. I could tell some horror stories about back in the day in Chicago at the Chevy/VetteFest. The bright side is after all the work you did it should clean up pretty quickly as the hard work has been done. Keep us posted.

Guest my3buicks

Lol, no, this summer is the end of the serious car shows. My 67 has already won all of its national awards and is now an older but still very showable restoration so I'm not afraid to drive it, in fact the only time it's ever been on a trailer was to get it's AACA and BCA awards years ago, it's been driven to every event since. I haven't really decided what's in the Reatta's future, but I don't want 2 show cars antmore. My Reatta was my fun car and with very low mileage and condition of this one i don't think I can bring myself to make it the fun car. The herd is now down from 4 to 2 and one show car and one fun car would be the perfect mix.

Guest my3buicks
What a shame, a real bummer. Life is so cruel, here in AZ we have perfect weather but few great car shows. Back east, you have the great shows but it seems to always rain when you have a show that is very important to you. I could tell some horror stories about back in the day in Chicago at the Chevy/VetteFest. The bright side is after all the work you did it should clean up pretty quickly as the hard work has been done. Keep us posted.

LOL Brenda, back when I first started showing my 67 thirty years ago I used to joke and tell people I should rent it out to drought stricken areas because it would be guaranteed that If I backed out of the garage it would rain, or it would be a beautiful day and it would rain 2 miles from home on the way home from a show

Back in the day I had road wheels/tires used on the trailer and race wheels/tires for the intended use. Why not just keep show wheels/tires in the TV and better wheels and tires on it for driving. Personally that is the only use I can think of for 15x6's.

Guest my3buicks

I prefer my cars as they came from the factory, I want it to drive and ride and look exactly like it was intended. But that's just my preference. I have owned 32 Old Buick's and I've never modified any of them to any degree, I've kept them all completely stock.

Guest my3buicks

It ended up being A stunning day, thankfully for Virginia Beach Sandy soil, The trailer parking area and the Showfield were in remarkable condition for 3 days of rain. I was able to get the car to the show field without getting it muddy and I have it cleaned up to about 90% of were it was before I left home. And as expected it's the only Reatta here LOL.

post-30591-143143097652_thumb.jpg

post-30591-143143097655_thumb.jpg

Guest my3buicks

It is down at cruises, etc but has to be up at national meets. I never drive my cars with top up unless it's pouring

At the National in Portland last year it poured buckets all the way there from Seattle. I had spent the previous week polishing and detailing everything before the trip. My car was filthy when I arrived. The next day I ran it through Tech while waiting for a spot at the wash station. Guess when they took my picture? After cleaning all the filth off and detailing it that night we went on the Rendezvous where it rained again. Of course judging was the next day so back in line at the wash station. Finally the weather broke and became a glorious Northwest day. On the plus side I did take home a Gold so it was all worth it except when the Bugle came out and there was the picture of my filthy car with the top up. Oh well.

At the National in Portland last year it poured buckets all the way there from Seattle. I had spent the previous week polishing and detailing everything before the trip. My car was filthy when I arrived. The next day I ran it through Tech while waiting for a spot at the wash station. Guess when they took my picture? After cleaning all the filth off and detailing it that night we went on the Rendezvous where it rained again. Of course judging was the next day so back in line at the wash station. Finally the weather broke and became a glorious Northwest day. On the plus side I did take home a Gold so it was all worth it except when the Bugle came out and there was the picture of my filthy car with the top up. Oh well.

By the time I went to book a room for Portland, the main hotel and alternate hotel had filled. So I got a room on the other side of the island - about a mile away. Only a couple of Buicks in the parking lot. The hotel set me up with my own private wash station. Got to spend all the time I wanted without having the pressure of a bunch of anxious owners staring at me to hurry up! :)