DP Class ? re: modifications

rodlars

Just a quick question regarding the new DP class with regards to an early 70's muscle car. I have sold my Senior award winning 70 Dart Swinger 340 trailer queen in favor of a 71 Cuda 340 "driver". As far as quality of restoration goes, the Cuda is right on par with the Dart but has deviated slightly in terms of authenticity under the hood. Although it has been painstakingly detailed under the hood, the factory exhaust manifolds have been replaced with tubular headers and the dual plane 4 barrel intake has been replaced with a freer breathing single plane unit. The engine still wears its original air cleaner, valve covers and other accessories and the intake has been painted the factory colour. The exterior of the car is bone stock including repro bias-ply Goodyear tires. After that long story, here is the question. Would this vehicle be eligible to participate in the DP class despite what I would consider to be a couple of relatively moderate deviations from factory original.<P>Rod

As you know this is our first year for the DP Class, so am not really sure how tight the team is on mods. There was one car rejected during a recent meet, but I did not see it so do not know reason. As long and the mods are modest and mostly that might have been reasonable available to make the car a better driver, I suspect that there should be no problem. We just do not want people to think this is a sneaky way to start accepting street rods - that is not the intention.

Thanks for the info Ron! With the hood closed on my car, you would never know it was modified unless you took a knee and noticed the exhaust headers from below. Since I would not be competing, I could keep the hood shut and therefore keep the slight mods even more inconspicuous. I'm glad to hear that there is at least a possibility that I can continue to attend national meets with a vehicle. I have been to three of them so far and have had a great time at each.<P>Rod smile.gif" border="0

Hello<BR>They should have leaft the 71 Cuda factory stock,factory exsuaet,plus other factory equimpet should have leaft on.<BR>thank you