awards

I am new to the aaca and am curious to know about the awards system? When a car enters a national, what are the awards the car can win? What is a 2nd junior or a 1st? What is a senior? I don't fully understand the system and wanted to know if anyone could explain?<BR>Also, how can I obtain a judging rule booklet? Thanks, jon

I AM SURE THAT THE REGULAR DF'ERS WILL EXPAND ON THIS SUBJECT BUT THE EASIEST WAY TO GET THE INFORMATION YOU SEEK IS TO BUY THE JUDGES MANUAL FROM THE NATIONAL CLUB. JUST CALL THEM AT (717) 534-1910. I BELIEVE THE MANUAL LAYS OUT THE POINT SYSTEM FOR ALL THE JUNIOR, SENIOR, GRAND NATIONAL AND GRAND NATIONAL PRIZES. IT IS FAIRLY SIMPLE ONCE YOU GET INTO IT....WELCOME TO THE CLUB AND GOOD LUCK

Oldscarnut is right - get a judging manual for details - better yet, attend a judging school at a National Meet, get a manual free and find out about the whole judging program. However, in answer to your question:<P>When a vehicle is first entered at an AACA National Meet, it is a Junior vehicle. It is competing for a 1st, 2nd or 3rd Junior. (point spreads and minimums are covered in the manual).<P>When the vehicle wins a 1st Junior, or more properly a "National First Prize", it becomes a Senior vehicle. It will the compete for a Senior Award.<P>When it wins a Senior Award it will begin to "compete" for Preservation Awards. This is really not competition, per se. As long as the judging score is above 355, it will be awarded a Preservation Chip.<P>The next year after winning a Senior Award the vehicle is eligible for the Annual Grand National and there is a similar sequence at that level.<P>This is a simplified explanation. Get the manual for more details.