Sign in to follow this  
Laughing Coyote

What clamps should I use?

Well I got me new water pump in today and got it all ready to install. My questions is "What type of hose clamps should I use for the hose that goes from the intake to the water pump? The car originally came with the Corbin wire clamps, but I don't know how well they will seal the hose. I guess they will work since they came on the car or should I just use a regular hose clamp? Looking for some opinions. :confused:

Thanks

Use Corbin clamps if you intend to show the car. If not, then modern Breeze clamps will do.

Well I got me new water pump in today and got it all ready to install. My questions is "What type of hose clamps should I use for the hose that goes from the intake to the water pump? The car originally came with the Corbin wire clamps, but I don't know how well they will seal the hose. I guess they will work since they came on the car or should I just use a regular hose clamp? Looking for some opinions. :confused:

Thanks

Nothing wrong with Corbin clamps that's why the factory put them on. FYI some of the new cars today are going back to a clamp that looks much like a Corbin clamp and those cars operate at a higher cooling system pressure.

I went ahead and got some new Corbin clamps at ACE this morning. They actually had them. Fit really nice. I think were good. Now to find a good quality post style clamp that came on the radiator hoses.

I used the original wire clamps and to get them really tight I used a hair dryer on high heat to soften the hoses

while I tightened the clamps.

When the hoses cool they are sealed up good.