Love isn’t just for Subaru, a dying breed & trains

Subaru seems to have the “love” market cornered these days, but that wasn’t always the case, as evident in these 4 “love-related” vintage ads….

http://www.oldcarsstronghearts.com/2015/04/23/automotive-daily-95/

(The 4 old ads featured Tuesday had friends, help & service in mind; to see ‘em, visit the home page & choose “Automotive Daily” from the drop down menu on the right-hand side!)

Speaking of love, I’m not alone in enjoying evenings by fires … or am I part of a dying breed!?

http://www.oldcarsstronghearts.com/2015/04/23/daily-dose-theory-thu-14/

Finally, I’ve never taken a train cross country, but maybe someday. Anyone else love old train cars, like this one, as well?

http://www.oldcarsstronghearts.com/2015/04/22/wednesday-wrap-14/

Cort :)www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve

"I miss the still of the silence" __ Matt Nathanson __ 'Come On Get Higher'

Watch out Ford is coming. Our new customer survey asks "do you love Ford?" "do you love your dealership?"

We had one person already complain that she can not love an inanimate object. Probably some young college kid thought Ford needed some lovin....

I do love old advertising. It lets me see so much more than just the product.

Watch out Ford is coming. Our new customer survey asks "do you love Ford?" "do you love your dealership?"

We had one person already complain that she can not love an inanimate object. Probably some young college kid thought Ford needed some lovin....

Why would someone complain about an ad just because they can't do what the ad says? That just doesn't even make sense.

In Bob Lutz's book, Car Guys vs. Bean Counters,

he refers to Subaru's now being affiliated with Toyota.

I had noticed that their reliability is noticeably improved

in Consumer Reports rankings; and I've read in The Wall

Street Journal that Subarus have recently been in high demand.

Does anyone know more about the Subaru-Toyota affiliation?

Clearly it's having a good effect.

Guest Balr14

I have a 2004 Forester XT. They are light (3200 lbs), fast(the XT model) and handle very well in all conditions. The only downside is the turbo motors don't last real long and repairs are generally expensive.

But what is the Toyota connection?

Your post is the 1st I'd heard of it, so I don't know. A search came up with this, tho it was in wikipedia, so not sure how accurate it is:

"Fuji Heavy Industries, the parent company of Subaru, is currently in a partial partnership with Toyota Motor Corporation, which owns 16.5% of FHI."

Cort :)www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve

"My feet still twitchin' to the music in my head" __ Mark Chestnut __ 'It Sure Is Monday'