230f at light?

Guest InfernoX90

Guest InfernoX90

Temperature spiked to 230 at a light. Is that normal? First time I seen that. It sucked down the reservoir tank and was a little low in rad. I had thought I filled it back up after a/c change. could it had hurt something? As soon as I begun moving to turn of the temp begun dropping.

Guest Corvanti

230F is not unreasonable (won't hurt the engine) at idle in warm weather. the low coolant may be because of air trapped and "burping out" if you did have the cooling system apart while fixing the A/C.

if the coolant hasn't been changed in a couple years, a flush & fill would be in order.

a "old school" temporary fix is to open the windows and turn on the heater with the fan on high. this gets more coolant to the engine.

filling the coolant system will probably take care of the problem. if it is a thermostat problem, some of us have replaced the 195F thermo with a 180F. it seems to help - especially in stop & go traffic.

also make sure both fans are working properly.

hope this helps.:)

Guest InfernoX90

the coolant was added recently since it sat for awhile before i got it, and after i got it while it was prepped and painted., not sure when the thermostat was last changed thought, i will change it this weekend just for safety, i already bought a 195 replacement one thought. The engine fan works, but the a/c fan was not turning on at that time , because the a/c was not working at the time, because it needed the air vacuumed from the system and charged,which i couldn't do at home. but i got done today, no signs of any leaks, and hopefully i will never have to change the compressor on it again :eek:. I have not seen it go that high since that one time, 213 is the highest i seen it at idle since. I believe all the air is out of the cooling system and it is completely filled now. Anything else while i'm replacing things, i rather be safe then sorry?