Required numbers matching?

We are considering joining AACA and entering our car for judging at Hershey this fall.We would be in Production vehicles 1960-61. I am somewhat familar with the 400 point judging basis but have a quick question about documentation. Our car has been repainted in a color that was a production color for the vehicle in the model year it was sold but the data plate on the cowl does not reflect the<BR>current color, but rather the original factory applied color. Accordingly we also changed the interior trim to a more suitable color for the current exterior paint, but, like the exterior, the interior is done to factory specs and in an original factory color. Will this discreapancy in the data plate result in point deductions or cause the vehicle to be registered in a different classification?? I<BR>know there are companies reproducing data plates to customer specifications and build sheets to match, but that seems rather deceptive to our way of thinking. I would appreciate your advice and any other information anyone may have on judging would be helpful.

If the color and interior is a combination that was available for that year and that model, there will be no deduction under AACA judging. You may need documentation to validate that they were available from the factory. We do not require that the data plate colors and interior matches. Some marque clubs do require the matching.

Guest snkchevcol

rlt8066:<BR>As long as the car is painted a factory color for the year and model of your car it is ok to change the color with out any point deduction. Same goes for the interior as long as it is correct to the model year and was available for the exterior color you chose. I would suggest writing headquarters and requesting a judges manual if you plan on showing a car in AACA. I think the cost is $4. Also it would be worth your time to go to judges school at one of the meets and see first hand what the judges look for and how they deduct points.<P>Rock