Front Parking Lamps - Part Numbers Please!

Guest dwhiteside64

Guest dwhiteside64

I am in the process of replacing a burned out parking lamp on my '64 and came across something very interesting. First, I noticed that the passenger side housing has the smaller 1155 lamp in the parking light sockets, while the driver's side is using the larger 1156 lamp. These are very different lamps, as the 1155 is about half the Wattage of the 1156 bulb. The service manual shows a 1155 bulb for the LOWER parking lamp, but doesn't state what the top one should be (it just describes the dual filament 1157A bulb used in other Buicks).

Can someone tell me what bulbs are used in each socket? I also apparently have the cornering light option as there are sockets and bulbs in place. Are these the same type bulb as the cornering?

Guest dwhiteside64

Ok, I just checked the owners manual and it looks like the cornering lamp is an 1195 and both parking lamps in each housing are 1155. I also can see in the wiring diagrams that there is only one wire going to each front turn signal lamp socket so obviously the Riviera only uses one of the two filaments in this bulb. Pays to read the manuals I guess....:P