We need more people in Judging!

Hi all, We need more people in judging! Some of you new guys may be interested in judging at one of the shows this year. Go to judges school, check out those slides! We have all kinds of people in this area, even a fellow from Pa. who is deaf and has his own translatter, a lovely lady from Va. I was on a team with them at Hershey last year. I have been to places I would not have gone to if I were not judging. And you get to look at some real great cars up close. Maybe we can get Thomas on an apprentis? team.(Where is that spell check?)SalG smile.gif<P><p>[This message has been edited by SalG (edited 04-06-2000).]

SalG is correct, judging is alots of fun and you meet interesting people and see great cars up close.<BR> <BR>Sal, I heard a rumor, now it is strictly a rumor, that one of our fellow DF's is going to join us in judging. A certain Red head that keeps tabs on judges points said she was going to hound him until he joins up. Now, I cannot reveal his name but he does have 302<BR>posts on this forum as of 7:18 PM 4/6/00.<BR>later-jac

303 posts now at 8:30 PM. Talk about a old dog going to be taught some new tricks. geez!<P>That certain Red Head can give a certain look when talking to you, that all you can say is Yes Ma'am, Yes Ma'am. (Somehow, I believe she is that good at it, she could do that on here as a DF'er also!) She a peach in my book though. ( Talk about a butter up!)

Hi all, As the unofficial president of the ronbarn fan club I suggest you contact him. He is very up to date on judging. I plan on going to Montoursville, Pa. We should all meet to discuss judging, the DF and the hobby. I am glad some people are interested in judging, I was getting a little concerned about too much funeral car stuff, too morbid. SalG smile.gifgrin.gif<P><p>[This message has been edited by SalG (edited 04-06-2000).]

You all keep putting me on the spot. Randjflo60, and any others interested, the judging school at Winchester will be at 2:00 PM on Friday, May 19, at the Lee Jackson Hotel. You do not have to make prearrangements to go to the school, however, if you plan to attend the school and take the apprentice team opportunity it would be good to let the chief judge know. The proper procedure is to send $4.00 (checks payable to Shenandoah Region AACA) to Stanley Stratton, 2390 Woodstock Rd., Chambersburg, PA 17201. The $4 is for judges registration and the breakfast on Saturday morning.<P>The basic procedure to start judging is to attend a school (normally on the Friday of the meet), attend the Judges Breakfast on Saturday morning and get assigned to the Apprentice Team, then go out on the Apprentice Team for more training, and at the next meet we throw you to the wolves and put you on a real judging team. That's when your training continues and continues and continues, etc. <p>[This message has been edited by ronbarn (edited 04-07-2000).]

Hi all, I am glad to see I sparked some interest. I will not be at Winchester, I am running a charity show on Saturday to mark Armed Forces Day at the State Veterans Home at SUNY@Stony Brook university and medical center. All 4 Long Island regions will be there and I run it under the LIMTC, Long Island Motor Touring Club, Inc., a pre war club. I want to go to Montoursville, has it been put in the judges newsletter yet? We need people involved, including young people. SalG

Ron ~ I understand our bestest-ever person in charge of Apprentices in hiding out in a campground in SC for the month of April. He has access to this 'coz I've E-mailed with him. He should be verrrry happy to see these folks getting interested. Now he will have a lot more work to do.