Where Are The West Coast BCA Board Candidates?

ol' yeller

I just opened my current issue of the Bugle and noticed that there were no candidates west of the big river. I think there should be better representation across the whole country. I wonder why no one is running from this side of the USA? How many current board members represent the west side folks?

As the BCA had its roots in California, that's where the bulk of BOD members came from, but as time progressed, their numbers dwindled. There are far more members east of the Rockies in the Midwest and Northeastern areas, where more Buicks generally were sold. For example, some of the largest chapters were in the upper-Midwest region, at one time.

It would be nice if the BOD had representation from the full geographic USA, but it usually doesn't happen that way.

What about NEXT YEAR??

NTX5467

I just opened my current issue of the Bugle and noticed that there were no candidates west of the big river. I think there should be better representation across the whole country. I wonder why no one is running from this side of the USA? How many current board members represent the west side folks?

There were no members from the west who volunteered to serve/run this year. As to why that was the case your guess is as good as any. It's a self nomination system so any member in good standing (paid their dues) is welcome to run.

Current BOD west of the Miss are

Dick Sweeney (CA)

Chuck Kerls (KS)

Alan Oldfield (IA)

Paul Syrdal (MN) (technically I'm not sure which side of the Mississippi Paul live on since it bisects MN)

All will serve again this coming year as their terms not expiring.