1962 Oldsmobile 98 wheels

rocketraider

57-63 Olds used those ridiculous and aggravating retaining clips. Fusick has them.<P>Parts book shows 59-62 Olds use the same wheel. 63 used the clips but it's a different p/n. Someone with a mid 60s Hollander can tell you which will work. I don't know if the wheels cross over to any other GM. I'm pretty sure Buick and Cadillac used a different wheel center that won't work with the 1962 spinners.<P>Another option would be either the small cap with trim ring (which many 1962 Ninety Eights wear beautifully) or the big diecast chrome spinner which doesn't use the snap clips. I have a 1962 sales catalog that shows the car with them here somewhere but can't lay hands on it.

My cousin just bought a 1962 98 Oldsmobile ragtop and it has "mag" style wheels on it that he wants to dump. What years and makes of GM wheels can he use on this car? The tires on it were 8.50 X 14 and they had those "flipper" type hubcaps that he wants to install on the car again. I think those "flipper" hubcaps had clips that fastened to the rim.