Sign in to follow this  
Barney Eaton

Texas Buick meet

This weekend we had the spring Texas & Bluebonnet Tour in Brenham TX. Some new cars showed up including a 1990 Select Sixty that just surfaced.

it is 904707 and is the SS60 built right after the one I owned (904704) the Reattas in between the two number were coupes. This car had been in storage in the Houston area for at least 2 years and the seller and new owner did not know it was anything special. The new owner has only had it a couple of weeks so it has not been detailed but is in very good shape and has under 50K miles. post-30596-143143067529_thumb.jpg

I am also attaching a photo of what is claimed to be the worlds largest BBQ grill/pit......... we pass it on our tour.

post-30596-143143067535_thumb.jpg

That is our customer Mike's car. We over-nighted him an instrument cluster so he could drive his Select 60 to the show.

He bought the car about two months ago if I remember correctly.

I'm glad to see someone ended up with the car finally. This is the select 60 that's been for sale in Houston for a few years. The one that popped up for $2000 and the tire kickers here called and drove up the price.

I stopped and saw the car on my way to Portland last year and made a cash offer which was refused. The car looks much better in your picture than it did when I saw it. I'll see if I have some pictures.

When I saw it the worker bee at the car lot said it had been in the storage building for 2 years and hadn't been stared in that time. It was under a dirty car cover with engine parts from other cars, bottles of oil and other things we has to remove just to get the cover off. The interior was a little damp as well.

I'm glad to see it's on the road and in the hands of someone who will take care of it now.

Edited by NCReatta (see edit history)

Must have been a fun show, I am planning on being at the GM show-Reatta get-together in May near LA. I started a thread on the Select 60 mentioned here a while back. They did warn of flood damage and that many threads were posted about this car. I too am happy it found a new home. A car this rare need to be restored and preserved.

REGALIZATION......... where are you in the LA area? There is a lady looking for a Reatta and she found one in Santa Monica and wanted someone to confirm the condition.

The LA Chaper of the BCA is hosting the 18th Annual All GM show & swap meet. It's Sunday, May 17th, 2015. For more info go to: www.buickclub.org/losangeles. Hope to see you there! Spaces are limited.

Cargirl I am planning on being there. Posted about it in "What did you do to your Reatta today?" thread. Have they processed your check for the event yet? I sent mine in when Bushwack advised registration was open, but bank doesn't show it as cashed yet.