Team Captain Schools and Team Captain CJE'S

Shop Rat

If a Team Captain School is going to be offered at a Meet, but the Team Captain CJE is not going to be offered, there should be a sign posted as judges come into the area where the schools will be held.

Bill and I had gone to the Team Captain School at the Charlotte Meet for at least two years. This year, thinking there would be a Team Captain CJE on Saturday after the breakfast, we decides to go to the regular Judging School.

After the judge's breakfast.....no Team Captain CJE. Had we known there wouldn't be one we would have gone to the Team Captain School.

The issue would be if for some reason we couldn't get to another meet, neither of us would have completed the requirement to remain in compliance with the requirements to be Certified Team Captains.

Susan, I did not understand your question that morning in the Big Tent, since I am not yet a Captain. May I say though that you impressed me with your professionalism, and I would like to see you volunteer to put on a Team Captains CJE. All of us on your team learned from you that day.

Wayne

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for those kind words Wayne.

The reason I asked about a Team Captain CJE was because as a Certified Team Captain all of us that are must attend either the Team Captain School or a Team Captain CJE to remain certified. If we don't within the calendar year we are put on the inactive list until we do. Bill and I have attended the Team Captain School at the Charlotte Meet for about three years. But we decided to go to the regular Judging School this year. With the intentions of going to the Team Captain CJE after the breakfast. So when no one indicated they were teaching it I asked.

We will have to attend one or the other at the Louisville Meet or at the latest the Hershey Meet.

Edited by Shop Rat
type-o (see edit history)

Correct. It is my understanding that this also happened last year at the Charlotte Meet. But since we attended the Team Captain School we attended other CJE's after the judges breakfast. We just didn't pick up on there not being a Team Captain CJE since we had attended the Team Captain School the day before to keep our certification current.

I spoke with Herb and he indicated that we can attend the Team Captain School or the Team Captain CJE at the next Meet we go to during this calendar year.

The Team Captain School or Team Captain CJE are the only required classes other than the mandatory CJE at milestones.

Edited by Shop Rat
Add additional information. (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

packards42,

I love the Discussion Forum as much as anybody but it is not the place to ask this question. You can call headquarters or you can contact Herb Oakes and you can certainly get an answer to your question.