Sign in to follow this  
trickydicky43richard

" TOPGEAR "

Matt hit the nail on the head. It was extremely funny for the entertainment. Those who love the show didn't watch it to learn about cars. Clarkson verblly trashed an exotic car that I own, but it was still funny. The Monty Python analogy was exactly spot on.

Edited by West Peterson (see edit history)

Thank you Mr. Matt Harwood. Well said, and I totally agree with all aspects. What kept me coming back was the camera and film work of outstanding level. Truly beautiful. I had on my bucket list to be an audience member at some point. Now... unfortunately, I have an open spot. Thanks to all for a great conversation here, I believe Hulu Plus has the older seasons that Netflix no longer has.

Chuck in Kansas

In my book he is a massive *hole and I wouldn't watch anything he was in because it is bound to be a useless piece of sh*t.

Took the words right out of my mouth!

"reverse gear" Australia was even more woeful,in fact it was pathetic the way they mocked "us" ,and the American version was not much better?

Who cares,it was just a show,maybe he had it coming?...ran out out expensive cars to flog around a track,was a good laugh at times :)

What this situation has demonstrated is just how totally incompetent the BBC management is (and has been for years). JC is a loose cannon - he always has been - and as such needs to be managed properly. No one can condone Clarkson's behaviour but TOP GEAR was worth so much to the Corporation they should have managed their 'star' in such a way that the fracas would never have arisen in the first place.

Morally, the BBC may feel they have occupied the high ground having washed their hands of Clarkson and, presumably, they believe the consequent loss of earnings is a price worth paying; after all it's not their money so why should they worry? They never have before.... The flip side is that numerous independent TV companies will be beating a path to Clarkson's door with lucrative contracts and I for one would not be surprised to see May and Hammond joining him in an entertaining show with a motoring theme elsewhere; although they will have to be careful not to copy Top Gear. Clarkson sold his share in the programme a few years ago for about £8 million so I doubt he is bothered either way.

Personally, I think the Producer who was clobbered has missed a trick. If someone as rich as Jeremy Clarkson punched me in front of numerous witnesses; preferably on film, I would threaten them with legal action - knowing full well they would quickly settle out of court. ​A nice little earner!<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/30f86223/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>