Success with OPGI!!!!!!!!!

bb1970

I just installed a radiator I purchased from OPGI. They source the part from US Radiator (who had the price at $475+shipping). I ordered from OPGI and got the same 4 core radiator for $417 + 20 oversize charge. So $437. I just installed the rad. The car runs cooler as advertised. Drove it around and let it idle with the A/C on for 25 min. No problems. Installation was just as stock. The only thing I had issue with was the overflow neck ( by the cap) is oriented wrong. If you stand facing the engine the tube should point at 4 o'clock. The new one points at 2 O'clock. Fingers crossed for several years with out leaks. The old radiator was good for two trips a year to the radiator shop. All for different areas leaking. And would get hot with A/C on. Kept the old one just in case. Might hang it on the wall as a trophy for defeating an enemy. Bill

It is refreshing to hear somebody say something nice about OPGI for a change! They

have the resources to tool up and make things that we sorely need for the early Rivieras,

so I try to support them when I can in hopes that someday that will happen. They have

reproduced some amazingly high quality parts for my 70 Chevelle. Using their parts you

can build your own Chevelle from scratch. I know they have been a big disappointment

so far, so it's good to hear about a good product from them. Maybe there is hope.

Edited by Seafoam65 (see edit history)

After the interior woes with them. I hadn't planned on EVER purchasing anything else. And when I hold a grudge it usually sticks. I haven't shopped at Walmart in 22 years. The price lured me in. $417 vs $485 for the same part. It's in. It's right. It runs cool. Happy Happy Happy. But NEVER order saddle seat covers from them. No bueno. Bill

Their customer service is awful and arrogant. It's usually imposable to tell if something is going to fit or not even if they say it will. But, they do have a few items that you can't seem to find anywhere else and some of them are pretty high quality. You just have to be very selective and always wait for the weekend sale promo email to buy something.

I think one problem is they are still learning about Rivieras. I've bought tons of parts from them

for my 70 Chevelle and 69 GTO and never had any problems, but I do know that they have inferior

quality upholstery products. I always use Legendary for seat covers. On Rivieras Clark's is the gold standard for upholstery.