C.A.R.S. Website access?

Zimm63

Is anyone else having problems accessing the C.A.R.S buick parts website? My Norton blocks me out and tells me that it has foiled a "malicious cookie attack" when I try to go to their site.

Do I need to slap my browser around, or is there something else going on?

Zimm

Is anyone else having problems accessing the C.A.R.S buick parts website? My Norton blocks me out and tells me that it has foiled a "malicious cookie attack" when I try to go to their site.

Do I need to slap my browser around, or is there something else going on?

Zimm

I had no problem buying a bunch of stuff from them yesterday on my iPad

Guest CARS, Inc.

Guys,

I have heard your issue about Norton. I access our website from many computers and do not have any problems. I do not run norton but I will load it up and see whats up. We do require cookie use. Any more information you can supply would be helpful.

Also providing me with the exact url that gives you the error(s) would be most helpful.

Thanks

Jeff

Edited by CARS, Inc. (see edit history)

Hi Jeff,

Here's my experience: When I google 'CARS Inc. Buick' or even 'Old Buick parts', the search returns this. (I'm using IE):

[h=3]CARS. Inc.: Old Buick Parts[/h]<cite class="_Rm">www.oldbuickparts.com/</cite>

Old Buick Parts - CARS. Inc. My Account ... 25 % Discount Pricing On All In-Stock Parts Call For details ... Wheel Cap Retainer 1971-72 Buick Tri-Shi $12.00

<!--n-->[TABLE=class: nrgt]

<tbody>[TR=class: mslg _Amc]

[TD]<!--m-->[h=3]Up To 1960 Buick[/h]<cite>www.oldbuickparts.com/catalog/up-to-1960-buick-c-76.html</cite>Inventory Clearance Sale 25 % Discount Pricing On All In ...

<!--n-->[/TD]

[TD]<!--m-->[h=3]1961-Up Big Buick[/h]<cite>www.oldbuickparts.com/catalog/1961-up-big-buick-c-57.html</cite>Inventory Clearance Sale 25 % Discount Pricing On All In ...

<!--n-->[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: mslg]

[TD]<!--m-->[h=3]1963-Up Riviera[/h]<cite>www.oldbuickparts.com/catalog/1963-up-riviera-c-19.html</cite>Inventory Clearance Sale 25 % Discount Pricing On All In ...

<!--n-->[/TD]

[TD]<!--m-->[h=3]1930-Up Buick[/h]<cite>www.oldbuickparts.com/catalog/cat360.php</cite>Each of our catalogs is broken down by the Group Numbers as ...

<!--n-->[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: mslg]

[TD]<!--m-->[h=3]1961-Up Skylark GS[/h]<cite>www.oldbuickparts.com/catalog/1961-up-skylark-gs-c-38.html</cite>Inventory Clearance Sale 25 % Discount Pricing On All In ...

<!--n-->[/TD]

[TD]<!--m-->[h=3]Regal Grand National[/h]<cite>www.oldbuickparts.com/catalog/regal-grand-national-c-1.html</cite>Inventory Clearance Sale 25 % Discount Pricing On All In ...

[/TD]

[/TR]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

I click on the header and it takes me to the url: http://www.oldbuickparts.com/ -- the same url that's on your printed catalog, by the way. Then it says "This Page Can't be Displayed" and my Norton pop-up says "Web attack... malicious cookie activity." This has been going on for ages so I think you need to revise your SEO, because unless users bookmark the link that Rufcar sent, you'll be missing lots of potential customers who search for "Cars Inc. Buick" or even "Old Buick Parts" or something similar.

Guest CARS, Inc.

Jan,

Thanks so much for you help. I finally was able to see the warning from Norton. I have kicked this issue up the food chain for more investigation.

Try using http://www.oldbuickparts.com/catalog/

I was able to get in that way.

Ed, you are probably not running Norton. I run AVG.

Thanks again for all your help.

• 3 weeks later...

I did not have any trouble placing an order online recently. My Norton Security software did not block it. Now, a few days later, my debit card number has been compromised and the number has been used fraudulently.

I have no idea if these two items are related or not, but please do have your security folks check everything on your site closely. It may just be a coincidence but the timing does seems suspicous. Now I just have to deal with the hassle of changing all of my online stuff that is linked to that card number.

I placed a couple of orders recently and have had nothing like you describe happen to me or my cards. I'd say that it's coincidental, but never the less, a real pain to deal with. Good luck. I don't have Norton; whether that's good or bad I don't know.

Ed

Guest CARS, Inc.

I found the bug that Norton was tripping over. It had nothing to do with credit cards (SEO routine). Our credit card routine goes straight to the credit card company website. When you are on the page that captures your credit card, you are actually not on our website but the credit card company website. We don't store card numbers or even capture them for the c.c. company. I will look into this but the c.c. company would have shut us down if there was a link to c.c. fraud.

Jeff