Please help ID '53 Roadmaster part

53buickconvert

I'm about ready to install my windows and came across this piece. It been four years or so since I took it all apart and even though I took a lot of pics, I can't seem to remember where this went. I think it may go over the door window switches but not sure how to make it fit.

thanks,

tim

Guest 53 Roady

Tim , that part is X on the Front Door-Hydraulic-1953-76C-76R picture. It is "weatherstrip,window glass run" and glues on to Y, the window glass run which mounts with 1 screw at the top and a chrome washer and nut at the bottom to the latch side of the door. One of mine was glued on at the top inside of the channel so I mirrored that on the other side. I believe it is intended to keep splash off the lock mechanism.

I see that you have part K, the weatherstrip, outer glass run mounted. Did you use clips or screws? Did your strip extend from division to rear channel or was it shorter?

Thanks

Pat

Edited by 53 Roady (see edit history)

Guest 53 Roady

Mine was glued onto the other side which is the inside. The picture leads me to think outside but I think it shields the lock from rain coming in the window and is more effective on the inside. I have found mistakes made by the 1990 crew before so ???

Your car is stunning in black. I've been seeing the white pic for a while so WOW.