For sale or trade on car 1936 GarWood Boat

Guest Kwmpa

Guest Kwmpa

I have a 1936 GarWood 16' model 601 Split Cockpit runabout. This boat is a part of garwood history as it was originally displayed at the 1936 NYC boat show in the garwood display. This is fully documented by the Garwood society.

Powered by a Chrysler crown engine, new aluminum 20 gallon fuel tank. The boat was fully restored in 2000 and in 2013 the boat was taken to Katz's Marina and had a new 5200 no soak bottom put on and 4 refresher coats of varnish put on. That cost well over $17,000 to do. Was a show winner at Clayton in 2002 and won best in class. Engine was pulled last winter and gone over. Runs like a top.

Trailer is a 2002 quick load was completely rebuilt and new bearings and springs installed. New tires and wheels. Only 100 miles on the trailer since.

I spent $5k redoing the gauges, and another $5k doing the chrome. Everything works perfectly. Had an appraisal done 3 months ago based on the history of the boat and condition it was valued at $125,000(retail estimate not insurance). It's not the only one out there but the history it plays being displayed at the NYC boat show raises the value. It's believed to be the only 36 show boat left. Plus it is a GarWood. They always hold their value way better than a Chris-Craft. I'm offering it for sale at $78,000obo or trade even up for a car. Im interested in pre-war cars but would be open to anything. Particularly a convertible or convertible sedan, woody wagons, station wagons, Cords, pre-war motorcycles.

image.jpg1_zpsyskexiv0.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsrdtudd0d.jpgimage.jpg4_zpshmpprh5o.jpg

image.jpg13_zps6oeeayjz.jpg

image.jpg10_zpssbb5ui6m.jpg