For Sale - 1948 thru 1956 parts cars in NC

MrEarl

OK, let's try this again since some of the pics from the previous post weren't showing up. These are Photobucket pics and if seriously interested in seeing higher res pictures I can email them to you.

While visiting Bob Coker last week he asked me to post his parts cars for sale for him. He doesn't feel well enough to do a lot on the computer etc, so he also asked that I help with answering questions etc. I will copy and forward any questions I don't have answers to or offers for purchase to him. What you see is what you get. I would not consider any of them to be project cars nor any of the engines as runners. There are no titles for any of the cars.

Bob does not want to part the cars out but wishes rather to sell as whole and be removed from his back yard as soon as possible. They are located in Winston-Salem NC.

I have no financial interests in the transactions and am merely helping Bob and Linda disperse of the cars. Please PM me with questions and offers. Serious inquiries only please.

P1010490_zpsc9sgk9ht.jpg

1956 Century 2 dr ht - $500 $400 $300 $200 SOLD

P1010491_zpsetycisy3.jpg

P1010496_zpsb0uksn9w.jpg

P1010493_zpsrqovk2mk.jpg

P1010492_zpskrv9zfeq.jpg

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

Title status on the 48 2 door and the numbers off the trim plate and vin if you can.

No title (on any of the cars) and I think the trim plate and vin tags are missing. Pretty sure the dash is stored in a barn.

PM me if interested or need additional info

Sale pending on the 48

55 owners, are y'all missing the fact a couple of these cars have factory AC. If you ever considered adding AC to your car, the best way to do it is to buy a parts car with as much of the unit present as possible. That way you have a go by which is a blessing when trying to figure our all the routing of the various parts and tubing etc. I buy every '54 AC parts car that I can and have resold the AC out of all of them, typically for as much as I bought the whole car for.

The 56 Estate Wagon has a lots of good parts. Pretty sure it is a dual exhaust car and those left side manifolds can bring half the asking price of the car. And the 4 BBL carb and intake the other half. Well maybe not quite but you get my drift.

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

That 48 dash would make a great BOOM BOX, encase the back, install a new small radio in the case, make a giant shoulder strap, and off to the car shows. Or hang on a wall after it has been restored, cool piece.

I have a like new 46 grill I am presently making into a BOOM BOX.

Dale in Indy

If I still had my 55 I'd be all over one of those parts cars for the A/C. Winston Salem is close to me (80 miles) and I have 3 acres. I would be willing to help if anyone wanted one but needed somewhere to hide the thing for now. I also know where there's a 55 special 4 door hard top, not far from winston salem, cheap with a title.

• 3 weeks later...

Back to the top.

I'm thinking of buying the 48 for the hood (sucker is a half mile long) to use as an awning on my barn man door and the dash as wall art with speaker. But surely there is someone who needs it whole or for spare parts that are bound to be getting scarce.

Prices reduced, as seen in individual ads. Take all, lock stock and barrel - $2500

Nice! Wish I was into another Buick already... I'd buy them all up as parts cars. Hmmm towing for that many cars 80 miles......

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Somewhat interested in the 56 wagon Mr Earl can you repost the engine pic on that wagon?

Matthew what would you charge to pick up that wagon and how long could it stay on you property? I'm in cleveland ga and it would take me a bit to get up to WS.

• 3 months later...

Never mind, I am mixing this wagon up with that one we had a thread on - on the Buick General forum. Wonder what ever happened to that one? 

I could use some 55 Buick A/C parts or at least someone should grab them, but I can't use the 4000+ pounds of Buick around them. 

LOL @ "the 4000+ pounds of Buick around them"

And IF I get this 4dr hardtop later today I may go after one of these parts cars.  Maybe we can work a deal on some A/C parts for you   ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mr Earl,

Does Bob have any extra 15 " x 6 "' Wheels , I think 47 to 58 are the same .

Bill

Buick started " safety" rims in late '56 look for groove in rim were beauty ring or full hubcaps are attached, if flat pre-safety if grooved, late '56 up "safety".