Can anyone idenify this carb Carburater?

Guest Doc Harley

Guest Doc Harley

There are no markings on it except for Made in U.S.A. and a patent number. In is on a chevy 6cyl 1930. Trying to post pic.

Thanks , Doc

post-107628-143143009503_thumb.jpg

It looks like a Rayfield. If so, will have an oval ident in the end of the bowl, where the "original manufacturer" name was placed using a water decal. Have seen decals of Wizard, Johnson, and Marvel Schebler.

It was sold mail order to those customers too frugal to purchase a rebuilding kit for the original carb.

Jon.

The little girl says "Never start an updraft engine without the air cleaner..... er, flame arrestor, in place."

firestarter.jpg I glanced at the picture and my first thought was fire starter.

Bernie- always keep the air cleaner on it.

Guest Doc Harley

Thanks so much everybody. I'm new to this computer stuff & not very good at it. carbking..... I figured it was maybe bought from Mongumary Ward or Sears Or J C Whintey but had no ideal what the name was . THANKS . Now I'm gonna need gaskets..... I'm lost again. Thanks you all that also replyed for gas tank. Nice to know that stuff is out there.

Thanks Doc Harley

As far as gaskets for this unit are concerned, you probably will have to make your own.

It was sold as a "throw-away", with no service parts available.

We don't make a kit for it, and if there are any other manufacturers today making parts for it, I am unaware of them.

Jon.