Winter Storage Start-Up

Guest shadetree77

Guest shadetree77

I couldn't stand it any longer. Had to hear the low grumble of a straight eight. These unheard of 50 degree temps. the last few days have got me all messed up. I've got the itch.....BAD. C'MOOOOOON SUMMER!!!

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/U3ViBIIwIdQ" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Robert

I went out in February and started my 37 and 40 ! I can't let them sit all winter either! Many people have said that it is not good to start them, but I feel that they need to be fired up once during the winter to get everything oiled up.

I let them run long enough to get the temperature up and then rev them to 2500 RPM 2 or 3 times. My 40 has over 120,000 miles on it and still runs good , so I believe the system works.

I'm with The Old guy on this. But I failed to keep up with a once a month on the first schedule when the weather got so bad this year. It seems the winds were slamming into our house on the garage side, and starting the cars in the garage would have driven the fumes into the house, so I let it go this year. I do hope to get them started tomorrow.