Winter Snowfall Almost a Record

dship

So far this 2014/2015 Winter season in Weymouth, MA, we have received 105 inches of snow…..just a little less than 2 inches short of the record to date. Attached are before and after pictures of my back yard. Also are some pictures of my front walkway. Just to the left is a partial view of the grey vinyl igloo that houses my Reatta in the off season. There is also a picture of my driveway snow mound which was at the height of 14 feet until a very recent 40 degree day. Way in the background is the yellow vinyl igloo that houses my ’92 Riviera during the off season.<o:p></o:p>

So far this 2014/2015 Winter season in Weymouth, MA, we have received 105 inches of snow…..just a little less than 2 inches short of the record to date. Attached are before and after pictures of my back yard. Also are some pictures of my front walkway. Just to the left is a partial view of the grey vinyl igloo that houses my Reatta in the off season. There is also a picture of my driveway snow mound which was at the height of 14 feet until a very recent 40 degree day. Way in the background is the yellow vinyl igloo that houses my ’92 Riviera during the off season.<O:p></O:p>

I know this sounds crazy Dave, but I actually miss the snow and the associated winter sports. I have 4 more years to go here in North Carolina and then I plan on retiring to the White Mountains of New Hampshire (God willing!). Can't wait!

I know this sounds crazy Dave, but I actually miss the snow and the associated winter sports. I have 4 more years to go here in North Carolina and then I plan on retiring to the White Mountains of New Hampshire (God willing!). Can't wait!

Pat, We were just saying at home the nasty February we just had is why no one retires and moves north. We stand corrected! "Almost" no one. You are the first.

. . . my feelings on the long, cold winter !

I'm with ya Randy. Its now 50 and snow is melting so we are done with winter, yea.......but wait, now we get to negotiate paved roads like obstacle courses with gargantuan pot holes, heaved and sunken pavement, anti-skid material everywhere (flying window chipping projectiles) and unpaved roads turned to soft MUD. If it weren't for family, we'd be in NC!

Dave, - After seeing your mega footage I will never complain about snow again in PA! Thats insane.

. . . my feelings on the long, cold winter !

Heh ... that about sums it up for many. If it's not snow, it's been the extreme cold temps in some areas. Around here, we've been in the 50s/40s the last few days ... hoping we've turned the corner ... I'm ready for spring.

Cort :)www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve

"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower" __ Counting Crows __ 'A Long December'

Pat, We were just saying at home the nasty February we just had is why no one retires and moves north. We stand corrected! "Almost" no one. You are the first.

I'm with ya Randy. Its now 50 and snow is melting so we are done with winter, yea.......but wait, now we get to negotiate paved roads like obstacle courses with gargantuan pot holes, heaved and sunken pavement, anti-skid material everywhere (flying window chipping projectiles) and unpaved roads turned to soft MUD. If it weren't for family, we'd be in NC!

Dave, - After seeing your mega footage I will never complain about snow again in PA! Thats insane.

I hear you all guys, but being a Massachusetts native and former ROA New England Regional Coordinator, it is in my blood! Aside from old cars (Riviera's in particular) my other passion is snowmobiling. I just can't get that fix in North Carolina. And I can't forget to mention Lobsta and chowda!!!