30 dd6 Windsheild Crank up/down Mechanism Wanted and or Picture of it

DodgeDD670

Hello

I need a windshield crank assembly for my 30 Dodge Business coupe it rolls up and down not in and out. I have no idea what it even looks like so if you happen to have one to sell or willing to send me a picture of it That would be greatly appreciated. The glass has two briefcase looking handles on it so maybe there is two separate cranks or a larger double mechanism. Not Sure!

Thank you !!

Edited by DD30Dodge (see edit history)

Hello

I need a windshield crank assembly for my 30 Dodge Business coupe it rolls up and down not in and out. I have no idea what it even looks like so if you happen to have one to sell or willing to send me a picture of it That would be greatly appreciated. The glass has two briefcase looking handles on it so maybe there is two separate cranks or a larger double mechanism. Not Sure!

Thank you !!

Hi

Kevin bc here, I have a 1930 DC8 dodge sedan, which has the same windscreen setup as your DD. I am presuming you are in the states & have a Budd bodied car, Mine is a Australian Richards bodied sedan. The mechanism on mine will be different to the Budd mech. Mine has a pair of pivot arms wound from the centre on a pressed steel mech, which is much more robust than the Budd mechanism. The Budd mech has an axle I guess you could call it which is horizontal. this connects to the handle. On the axle shaft are 2 diecast cogs which rotate as the axle turns. These have a stud on the diecast cog which fits the lugs on the window screen, and as the cogs turn the window goes up or down. The problem with the budd mech is that there is a fair load on these diecast cogs, and over the years they break up due to fatigue & load, and I think you may be struggling to find a good pair, or a pair that would last. I think when you find a cog it would be worth your while to get the cogs cast in brass. Glen Smith in Aust would cast them up for you. I don't have any pictures of either type, but I may have a spare Australian type that you probally could adapt.I would have to check through my bits if you are interested. I presume the head board in yours would be metal, wheras mine is timber,and the mech fits with woodscrews,which could easily be changed, but your fitting position is slightly different I think. I had a Budd DC coupe years ago so did get to play with the Budd mech a bit but cant really remember how it fitted.

Hope this gives you a little help

Kevin bc

Hello

Thank you !!

30 DD

Kevin bc again, I have arranged with a friend in the states to take a couple of photos for you on the weekend of the front window mechanism for your car

Cheers

Thank you Kevin !

I found out through a Plymouth owner that the 28-31 Chevy windshield is the same or close. This is the first time I have ever seen anything that would fit. Everything was removed from mine when I got it. They do sound like they are the same as far as the gears etc.